Chapter 16: Battle at Millbank Tower

“Hey!” a millbank guard called when they saw Merlin and Arthur running towards the elevator. “What’cha think you are doing? Get out of there!” Both of them got inside the elevator so did the security guard’s foot. Merlin’s eyes turned golden and tilted his head forward and to Arthur’s surprise the guard left the elevator again. A curious thing he noticed was his eyes went golden as well. “Understood sir, I’m sorry sir.” And the guard left the elevator in a hurry whilst talking to his walkie talkie that the building needs to be cleared at once!

   “What happened there?” a puzzled Arthur asked.

   “Warlock as well, I told him that the building needed to be cleared because of a bomb threat. Also he owes me a favour.”

   “So he’s an alley?” Merlin nodded as reply. “All right.” A few seconds later a voice reached the intercom in the elevator, along with rest of the building.

   “All employers must leave the building immediately, I repeat, all employers must leave the Millbank Tower immediately by the stairs as the elevators will shut down when the reach the top or bottom.” It was the security guard’s voice on the intercom.

   “How do you know, where she will be, Merlin?”

   “I saw it in the Crystal Cave.”

   “Crystal Cave? But weren’t that a long way away?”

   “I got it removed, it wasn’t easy.” The sign above the door said 30th floor. “Arthur, be on your guard, she’s here somewhere on 33rd floor. I don’t know what she’ll do when we get out.”

   “That’s comforting,” Arthur said ironically, whilst taking a grip around his sword. It felt good to hold it again. Merlin was really worried for his friend’s sake because Arthur didn’t wear his armour or anything to protect him but the sword by his belt.

   Ding!

   33rd floor.

   Now was it.

   Merlin exhaled to calm his nerves. He hadn’t told Arthur of what happened with Emmy that she’d somehow had been possessed by the spell she had used to take Jenny’s form, and was terrified of that might happen again. Nothing seemed destroyed in the giant office they just stepped into. It seemed normal. The sun had just set outside and left twilight over the city which bathed in the last light. The warlock and the king walked around. Plants in pots stood all around the office casting shadows on the walls and on the purple carpeted floor, and making the light outside going creepy inside. They slowly went each their ways. Arthur passed the large windows it was like looking at a full size panorama painting. It was beautiful to look at, but he snapped out of it and focused on the shadows on the windows. In a matter of minutes, there were no shadows left as twilight was completely gone as well as the remaining sunlight. And darkness surrounded them both. Arthur could hear ringing in his ears, which made him edgy.

   Something cracked.

   The following was Merlin flying through the air, against the window.