Chapter 5: The Crystal Cave

With no luck and the moon hanging on the cloudy night sky, the warlock had had no luck finding the distressed druid girl. The magic he had felt earlier continued to change its power source, the girl kept changing her position and therefore made it impossible for Merlin to find her. It would repeatedly feel like a strong power connecting with him, yet seconds later it the connection would weaken or even disappear, again and again. When he arrived at Westminster he felt the magic connect with him once more. More powerful than he had felt all evening, but if he moved an inch in either direction, the feeling would weaken and then be gone.

"Where are you?" He spoke with his mind, hoping there would be a respond, but no.

Merlin ran, towards the Parliament.

He then passed the Thames.

Then he crossed for the gallery.

No magic connection.

And still no sign of her.

Neither did he know where nor who he should be looking for. He had never met her. Thinking about it made everything go even more difficult and depressing.

From the gallery he headed for Hyde Park. A light dripping started and landed on his nose. He quickly covered himself with his hoodie.

"Yeah I think it'll... hang on... NO ... Please stop doing that! Quit sneaking into my mind!" The young girl suddenly yelled.

"Who are you? Tell me who you are. I can help you. I promise." Merlin answered with a firm and kind voice.

"Leave me alone! I don't want your help; I want you people to stop reading my mind!" The warlock noticed the thunder sounded louder plus closer to him and the rain got heavier as the girl started to yell. Had this girl something to do with the odd weather lately?

"But I'm a friend—" the warlock tried, "you can trust me, and I promise I can help you."

"No one can help me!" she answered as if she had slammed a door; Merlin certainly did feel like a door had just been slammed in his face.

"Wait I can help you controlling your gift!"

"This is not a gift it's a curse!" At the same exact moment, a lightning flashed followed by a rumbling thunder. The warlock headed for a back ally, he needed to get somewhere safe from this horrid weather.

"Bedyrne ús! Astýre ús þanonweard!" The warlock was consumed by air spinning faster and faster like a whirlwind. In the next second, he found himself across Hyde Park's Grand Entrance. Hyde Park; known for its grandness as the greatest park in central London and the many demonstrations, which had been held here throughout the years. But that wasn't the reason Merlin was here.

Merlin stood forward the Grand Entrance to seek advice. His eyes turned golden and he entered. But he didn't enter Hyde Park. A waterish feeling went through his body.

The seconds felt like minutes!

It was cold and waterish, but not wet.

Air, he thought to himself as the waterish bubble ended. Merlin gasped as the air returned to his lungs. He thought of the girl. It had been a long time since he had met or been contacted by a person with such grand power as she possessed. The last person he'd met was an old man, with a long silver beard, all the way to his knees, half-moon glasses which sat before the bluest and kindest eyes. Sadly this wizard died a couple of years back. He had fallen from a tower in Scotland, he was told in the pub The Leaky Cauldron at Charing Cross Road. The greatest wizard of the century he was called.