❁39❁

Harry assumed getting a new tub and kitchen appliances would be the worst part of it all. The financial dent it took from both of their savings was definitely something to be upset about, but no, Harry found something he hated even more: unpacking. Louis has been working everyday, coming home late and taking on more people than needed to get some extra cash, while Harry has taken it upon himself to stay at his new home and figure things out.

Before they moved in, the downstairs was the first that was fixed up, surprisingly. It underwent a paint job and some serious labor to figure out how Harry wanted to set up his shop. But for now, he let the new paint job and a few adjustments here and there be all with it for the time being, because he needed to focus on his and Louis' home.

He went to a thrift store not too long ago and purchased a few pieces that really made the living area look wonderful. A distressed white coffee table was in the center of the room, new curtains on the windows, and a large clock next to the television. In the kitchen was a chandelier hanging above the squared table that matched the small living room one, and of course the new kitchen appliances.

Harry watched a lot of HGTV shows on Netflix and told Louis the backsplash in the kitchen needed to be changed as soon as possible.

In their master bedroom, the only thing Harry changed was the paint. He changed it from red brick to white to open the room up a little bit more (he was devoted to those shows), and then he got a new headboard and frame for their bed. And he got gray sheets for it. Harry wanted a bright blue, but Louis strongly disagreed and told him gray always looked better.

The extra room, for now, was being used as storage for things they didn't have room for, didn't know where to put, or didn't feel like unpacking yet.

Harry, only now sitting down on the couch after a long day of unpacking little things and cooking supper, turned on the TV and waited patiently for Louis' return. It was nearing 7:45, the latest he's been out so far. But not only moments later did Harry hear the downstairs door being unlocked and the light footsteps nearing the front door. Louis opened it and entered the room with a loud sigh.

"What's for dinner?" he asked, walking to Harry and giving him a quick kiss on the cheek before he walked down the hall to change into something more comfortable.

"Pasta," Harry said as he stood up to get him a plate. "How was work?"

"Had to tattoo a clover on some bloke's ass," Louis nonchalantly replied while entering the kitchen in sweatpants. His arms snaked around Harry's waist while he was filling a plate up with food. "Then some girl on her eighteenth birthday came in absolutely wasted. Told her I couldn't give her a tattoo that drunk. She picked up the plant you gave me and threw it on the floor, sorry."

"Aw, no! Poor Paul the plant. That was a good shrub."

Louis kissed Harry's neck softly. "Mhm," he hummed.

Harry smiled and shrugged Louis off him, handing him his plate. "Go eat!" Louis grabbed it and a fork and sat down at the table. Harry, having already eaten, walked around the kitchen. "Notice anything?"

Louis looked up from his food and furrowed his brows, looking up and down Harry, then took a quick look around him. A moment passed before he widened his eyes and looked around happily. "Oh! You unpacked everything!"

"I did!" Harry happily clapped, feeling as domestic as ever. He loved this all too much. "Got the bathrooms new shower curtains, too."

"We'll have to see if they're sturdy enough," Louis said, suggestively wiggling his brows.

Harry blushed and rolled his eyes, but the feeling he got in his stomach when Louis kissed him or spoke like that returned. It's something that will never pass, he believes. Not when it comes to Louis. The butterflies will always be there. The tingles will always shoot through his body when he receives the simplest of touches from the man he loves.