✿24✿

Harry had tripped three times on the hike so far. Gemma had told him they couldn't really go to the Hollywood sign, but they could admire from afar—on a hill—to watch the sun set. It truly was beautiful seeing the sun set over the city and watch the switch from the daytime feel of it to the nighttime. That was Harry's idea, to see the city at night, but that just caused everyone's journey back to the Jeep rougher. It was worth it.

He made sure to take as many pictures and videos as he possibly could so he could show Niall and Liam when he returned. In only a few days he'd be back, and really, he was sad to be heading off. He missed his home, but he loved California and the time he got to spend with Gemma and Josh, so he hated to say goodbye. Harry doesn't know when he'll be able to come back; he's going to make sure to really savor these next few days.

Once in the car and now on the way back to Josh's house, Harry only now realized how late it was. It was inching around twelve in the morning. He supposes Josh can have perks like hiking to the Hollywood sign after hours and getting away with it because he's got a lot of money. Rich people.

"Hey, wanna go swimming when we get back? Josh finally got the pool cleaned," Gemma said, left hand in Josh's over the console. Harry felt bad for being sad—he wanted to hold hands with someone.

Harry scrunched up his nose in thought. "Depends. May be a little tired from all that tripping today, but maybe I'll take a quick dip. I . . . didn't really bring anything to swim in. I'm the worst at being in California," he laughed.

"I think I've got something I could lend you," Josh said.

Harry shook his head. "No, thanks! No offense, but I heard you like to swim without any pants on."

Gemma gasped.

Josh tilted his head in confusion. "Of course not, I wear trunks." Gemma leaned over to him and whispered something in his ear. "Oh," he quietly said. "Why would you tell him I don't swim with underwear on...? I—no, saying he's your brother isn't a good excuse . . . Oh, now I'm embarrassed," he quietly spoke to Gemma. "I only partly did that for you because you said you liked how—"

"Don't say that!" She shouted.

Harry wanted to laugh but felt like it would be considered rude, so he lifted his hand to his face and buried his grin into his palm.

"What? I'm whispering."

"You're a very loud whisperer, doofus."

"Harry? Could you hear me?" Josh asked.

Harry snorted, unable to keep in his laughter. "Yes, I could."

Josh playfully hit the steering wheel. "My secretary said I was great at being quiet!"

"What a liar he is," she said with a quick laugh.

Harry sat back for the rest of the ride and admired how they bantered back and forth, making awful jokes and quoting movies or TV shows when the funny situation became relevant enough for it. He's jealous beyond words, but happy that they're happy. He wonders if he'll be able to find someone like that, someone he can truly be himself around. It was weird that a couples' happiness could make Harry feel upset. He hated that, because it had been such a wonderful day, and now he's sad because he just feels alone. His mind drifted to his phone and how he had avoided Louis' messages; he pulled it out and went straight to them.

louis.: hey hazzy ! hope youre doin well, text me when you can (: x

louis.: found this dandelion and it reminded me of u ha