❁25❁

He woke up with a frown. Harry sighed and felt like he wanted to cry as he sat up in bed all alone, upset that a dream was messing with him like that. How dare his mind play such a trick on him. He wiped away the sleep from his eyes and got out of bed, just now realizing he fell asleep in what he had swam in. He shook his head at himself and sadly walked out of the room and to the bathroom to shower.

It felt so real, he thought to himself as he stepped into the warm water, beginning to cleanse himself. It felt like someone had actually kissed him and played with his hair when he was falling asleep. He could've sworn he heard someone humming The Beatles when he was fell asleep, and that must be why Hey Jude is stuck in his head. Harry hates dreams. He hates sleeping. He never wants to sleep again.

He got out of the shower after he was done and dried himself off, brushed his teeth, and wrapped a towel around his waist before he stepped out of the bathroom unhappily. He slowly trudged back into his room and slammed his door shut, rummaging for something comfy to wear. He knew he would be upset all day, so he went for cozy sweats and a shirt with a hole at the hem of it. Cozy enough. And he smelled bacon. Harry stomped out of the room, wishing he could rant about his dream, but that would be silly of him. Men don't get so worked up over a dream.

Frowning, he walked into the kitchen, but stopped in his tracks when he spotted Louis with a mug in his hand, staring at bacon sizzling on a pan. Louis turned his head and smiled. "Good morning, sleeping beauty!" He said with a wide smile, leaving the bacon cooking on the stove and mug on the counter to walk to Harry. He kissed him and shook his hand through Harry's damp hair. "I like spearmint toothpaste."

Harry gulped. "I—huh?"

Louis stared at Harry with a brow raised. "Your toothpaste. Spearmint." He poked his stomach. "Someone didn't get enough rest."

He watched as Louis walked away so that he could tend to the bacon. "I thought it was a dream," he quietly said.

"What was a dream? I dreamt about a turkey chasing me in a Teletubbies episode. Wonder what that means."

"I thought we were a dream. Last night. That really happened?"

"Oh," Louis said, finally catching on. He took the bacon out of the pan. "It did. You kissed me, big boy. Wasn't a dream."

Harry flushed and looked down, biting on the inside of his cheek. "Was it okay, then?"

"Hm?"

Harry glanced up and shifted awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck. "The . . ." He smiled. "The kiss."

He walked over to Harry while chewing on a piece of bacon and placed a hand on his hip. He was wearing an Adidas sweater that gave him an adorable soft look; Harry wanted to cuddle him.

"Do I need to refresh your memory?"

Harry gulped; he certainly wasn't used to this. It really did seem too good to be real. Maybe he should pinch himself and see what happens. But if it is a dream, then he decides he doesn't want to wake up, not ever. Louis had grabbed Harry by the hem of his shirt anyway and pulled him closer (he liked that, he really did. He wanted Louis to push him against the counter like that and kiss him with this rough—yet soft—action), their mouths desperately finding each other's in this messy morning kiss. Louis' tongue was in Harry's mouth and that made his knees buckle; he'd never been kissed like this, and at an hour like this, he surely wasn't expecting. Louis pulled back with Harry's lower lip between his teeth.

Harry had wide eyes, lips staying parted as he gripped onto the counter behind him to help keep him standing. "I—whoa."

"Get a room, you two," said a tired voice.