✿22✿

accidentally published this yesterday and had to delete it (bc I update on Sundays), so I'm very sorry for the confusion! hope you enjoy (-:

Liam had promised Harry to keep his flowers watered and healthy, and that's exactly what he's doing. He had traveled down after school at two o'clock and checked on those flowers. He wasn't a flower expert, but he thought they were in good shape. Harry had given him some tips and pointers on how to see if the flowers weren't doing so well, but they looked great. Liam closed up everything and sent Harry a short message that said the flowers were good. He tucked his phone in his pocket and inhaled deeply, beginning to make his way back to the apartment so that he could rest. College can be stressful.

"Liam? Hey, wait! Liam!"

Liam stopped in his tracks and raised a brow, turning around to see Louis walking out of a tattoo place with a hand up. "Hey," Louis huffed out after running to him.

Liam nodded once. "Hi there."

"So." Louis cleared his throat. "Is Harry sick again or something?"

Liam, out of confusion, laughed. "No, why?"

Louis immediately frowned and shoved his hands in his pockets. "Ah, well. He hasn't been at work. Or replying to my texts. Didn't know what happened."

"Oh. He's in America right now with his sister. It was kind of abrupt and . . . he didn't tell you?" Liam asked.

Louis shook his head, but smiled. "Nah."

"Weird. Why wouldn't he?"

"You don't know...? Has he told you anything about us? About what's happened?"

Liam blinked. "What happened?"

Louis sighed. "Oh," he muttered. "I think it's better if you just leave it to Harry to talk to you. If he wants to. We've just . . . we haven't been too great."

Liam felt offended that Harry wouldn't tell him this. That must be why he was so down in the dumps lately. God, of course. How could he be so blinded? Liam put a hand behind his head and scratched, annoyed. "You can't tell me what happened?"

Louis stared at Liam and shook his head in disbelief. "If Harry didn't tell you, do you think I would? It's not your business anyway, so please don't start acting suspicious around him. Sometimes we all need to keep things to ourselves, right? I'm sure there's something you have kept to yourself that no one knows about, Liam."

Liam looked away and cleared his throat, uncomfortable and wishing to get away. Of course he knows that and wouldn't pressure Harry into telling him anything, but he's just overprotective. He can help Harry, he believes. With anything. "Yeah, well. You don't know Harry. Harry needs to talk about things or he'll just become super weighed down by his problems. I would know."

Louis rolled his eyes and scoffed. "I think you're just snoopy."

Liam bit his lip to keep from saying anything too mean. "Bye," he muttered under his breath, stepping past Louis to head home. Liam didn't understand what Harry saw in Louis.

+ + +

"What? Harry wouldn't hide anything from us," Niall said, glancing over the different kinds of oatmeal. What Liam said didn't make sense at all; Harry's fine.

Liam huffed and reached for an assorted oatmeal box, tossing it in the cart. "I'm telling you the truth. And Harry hasn't been fine, that's obvious."

Niall watched Liam curiously. Liam had always been so protective over Harry. Harry's the sweetest thing in the world, but he still would never understand why Liam was so obsessed with protecting Harry. Niall huffed when a girl walked past Liam and held his attention until she was out of sight; he pushed the cart into Liam's back and shook his head. "How is it obvious?"