✿36✿

a christmas chapter for you!! (it's long enough so sit down with some hot chocolate and enjoy. and ignore the mistakes. too long for me to edit)

December 1st.

Harry smiled widely as he placed the star on top of the tree. He stepped back, grinning, and nodded his head in approval.

"It looks so good!" He happily said. He turned around and the smile left his face when he saw Louis on his phone. "You didn't take the picture!"

Louis looked up, mouth hung open and stuttering.

"Louis," Harry groaned out as he walked over to the couch to sit beside Louis. "This is our first Christmas together, I wanted everything captured."

"I know. I'm sorry. The girls! They're just so funny. Daisy tackled someone for picking on Phoeb's, how awesome is that?"

Harry smiled and rested his head on Louis' shoulder. Ever since they had reconnected, Louis was constantly on his phone messaging them and calling them. It was really cute, Harry loved it. He just wished he wasn't so distracted by it.

"The tree looks amazing, Harry. I've never had a Christmas tree in here." Louis kissed Harry's forehead and Harry smiled.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Never really celebrated it since I left my family."

Harry snuggled in closer to Louis and rubbed his side. "Glad things are changing, then. Maybe we can visit your mum for Christmas? We'd have to plan a trip to Gran's, too. Gemma will come up with her fiance, can't miss out on that."

"When even is the wedding?" Louis asked.

Harry shrugged and realized the date hadn't even been set yet. Josh proposed to Gemma in November; he had taken her to New York City and had a stroll in Central Park, and Gemma told Harry that he said, "What if we got married?" And she said she shrugged and replied, "Worse things have happened to me." Then he got down on one knee and proposed. She, of course, said yes.

"I'm not sure. Bet it'll be cute and small, though. Gemma doesn't like people." Harry sighed as he thought about it. "I always wanted an outside wedding. Maybe under a big tree that's hanging with lights. And have dancing under the stars. Maybe. If the weather's nice. Ooh! I bet if Gemma hurries up and pops out kids, one will be able to be a flower girl. I always wanted to be a flower boy, but everyone said that wasn't a thing. I wanted to make it a thing," Harry said with a pout.

"You're my flower boy," Louis said as he patted Harry's thigh.

He smiled and put his chin on Louis' shoulder. "What's your dream wedding like?"

"I always imagined I'd elope." Harry gasped. Louis furrowed his brows and said, "Maybe not."

"No! No, you have got to at least imagined what your wedding day would be like? Right?"

Louis shrugged, then sighed, then looked at Harry, and then sighed again. "Maybe," he muttered out. "Outside me mum's house is this white gazebo surrounded by a small garden. I always thought that would be a nice place."

Harry started crying.

"What the...? Harry, what's wrong?" Louis asked, turning to him and resting a hand on his cheek.

"It just . . . it just sounds so lovely," Harry said with a frown. "So lovely."

December 3rd.

"Everything's a disaster," Harry said with his hands on his cheeks.

"Take a breath," Liam said.