Chapter 50

Ryder's P.O.V

A slam from downstairs woke me up. The slam was followed closely by talking and I recognised the voices as Jade's parents. I opened my eyes and rolled over in the bed softly so that Jade wouldn't wake up. She was facing the other way so all I could see was her bare back and the bed sheet was covering her from the waist down. Her hair was flowing onto the pillow behind her and she lay so peacefully in her sleep. Her breathing was slow and steady and I couldn't help but smile.

This girl has changed me in ways she'll never understand. Before I met her, I'll admit I was a dickhead who shamelessly took advantage of girls and didn't know what real feelings were. My 'relationship' with Ashley was nothing more than having sex, even if she refused to admit it. But Jade and I, there's a connection there, there has to be. When she came into my life I had no idea of the impact she'd have on me. I had no idea the feelings I would develop toward her. She's made me a better person over all and she doesn't even know it. Last night, during the slow song when my arms were wrapped around her and she was looking up at the makeshift stars on the ceiling something changed in me. The way I felt about her multiplied by a thousand. Maybe it was the lighting or the music, but she'd looked so innocent and so beautiful that I couldn't help the smile that was forcing itself onto my face. Thinking back on it now, its all beginning to make sense. The relentless, strong feelings and the constant desire to want to be with her all of the time; I really like this girl. I like her more than I've ever liked someone before; I might even love her.

She squirmed in her sleep and I placed my arm around her and pulled her into me. Her eyes were closed but there was a slight smile on her face. She's awake. I kissed the back of her head, before kissing her again on the neck, and then again on the cheek. She giggled lightly, confirming she's awake.

"Just so you know, your parents are downstairs." I whispered and her eyes shot open.

"What?" She asked.

"Yeah they woke me up when they came in." I said with a laugh and she sat up, bringing the sheet with her to cover her bare chest. She looked around the room, scanning it for some clothes, I'm assuming.

"Ryder this isn't funny." She said. "What if they come in?"

"They never have before." I said referring to the multiple times I've been up here before.

"But they knew you were here those other times." She defended before getting out of the bed and walking over to where my top had been thrown last night. We'd made sure to put underwear on before going to sleep last night, because sleeping without underwear is weird; but her naked chest was visible and I won't lie my eyes didn't stray from it as she walked. She picked up the top and put it on before coming to sit back on the bed.

"All the more reason for them to come in, to be honest. And anyway, they didn't always know I was here." I reminded her and she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah but they've just gotten back from my aunties house, surely they're going to come up and check on me." She said and I shook my head, bringing my arm to rest under my head.

"I don't think they care that much about you." I informed her jokingly and she rolled her eyes again.

"You're an idiot." She said defensively and I laughed.

"Calm down, shortcake. If they come up I'll hide, just like that time at the beach house. But for now, you're mine." I said before pulling her down into my arms, engulfing her in a tight hug. She giggled against my chest and I loosened my grip so she could breathe. I looked down at her and she looked back at me before I lightly pecked her lips.