Chapter 26

"You what?" Libby said to me, looking at me through the bathroom mirror. I turned to face her and she did the same.

"Libby," I started before she interrupted me again.

"Why didn't you just kiss him?"

"Libby I don't want to kiss him." I shook my head and she looked at me like I'm crazy.

"Yes you do, so why didn't you?"

"I told you, a lady came over and stopped it from happening. Can you just stop, Libby? Please." I pleaded and she smirked.

"Fine, I'll stop. For now," I rolled my eyes before pulling the door open and walking out leaving her in the bathroom. We ended up coming to the diner that Ryder and I had come to after the movie last weekend. It had been the first place we could think of, so we decided to come here instead of somewhere fancy. We quickly reached our table and sat back down. Libby and Connor were sitting next to each other and I was sitting next to Ryder. I didn't really want to sit next to Ryder, but I had no choice because when we walked in Libby quickly seated herself next to Connor.

"What took you girls so long?" Connor asked and I looked at Libby, pleading with her not to spill that I was telling her the story about what had happened at the mini golf course.

"We weren't long," Libby retaliated and Connor rolled his eyes playfully.

"Sure." He said sarcastically and Ryder laughed. Just then, the waitress came over and placed our food down in front of us. We all thanked her before starting to eat.

"What'd you get again?" I heard Ryder say from beside me and I looked over at him.

"Spaghetti, why?"

"Can I try some?" He asked with a slight smirk and my eyebrows furrowed.

"No." I said instantly and I saw his face drop.

"Why not?"

"Because it's mine. Eat your chicken." I said pointing at his food and sticking my tongue out at him. I heard a laugh from across from us and I turned around to see Libby and Connor laughing at us.

Connor turned towards Ryder, "good luck." He said and I rolled my eyes. He doesn't need luck; he's not getting any of my food. "Ow!" Connor said loudly reaching down to rub his leg. Had Ryder kicked him?

"Did you just kick him?" I voiced my thoughts.

"Yup." Ryder said popping the 'p' and shovelling a large portion of chicken into his mouth. I didn't ask why because I can tell by the expression on his face that he is not going to tell me anyway. I glanced over at Libby and she shrugged before picking up her fork and eating another mouthful of her Spaghetti. We ordered the same thing. I picked up my fork and twirled some spaghetti around it, before continuing to eat it.

"Next week is the long weekend isn't it?" Connor asked and I nodded.

"Yeah."

"Mad, are we still going to Leo's?" He asked directing the question at Ryder and his head perked up.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that." Ryder said his mood lightening.

"You're going to Leo's house for the whole weekend?" Libby asked just as confused as I am. Why are they planning on spending the whole weekend at Leo's house? Won't they get bored?

"No," Connor continued shaking his head with a laugh. "Leo's family own a beach house about an hour up the coast. We were going to go down for the long weekend and hope its good weather." The weather these days has been getting a lot nicer; we've even had a few pretty hot days, which are always nice. Not the best at school though, considering our school probably has the worst air conditioning ever.