Chapter 10

"Wait so if I want to find the area of the whole shape what do I do?" I groaned at Libby's question.

"Lib I've explained it like 7 times!"

"Yeah but I don't get it." I put down my things and picked up my phone.

"Why don't we have a break? I can order a pizza?" I suggest whilst raising my eyebrows, knowing she's always up for pizza.

"That would be amazing," she says with a sigh and a smile. I laugh at my idiotic friend before picking up the phone. I dial the number and order the food. After giving them my address and hearing that they'll be arriving shortly I hang up the phone.

"It's on its way." Libby fist pumps the air as she scrolls through the social medias on her phone and takes a long sip of her Coke. I look down at the homework sheet and sigh, Libby could never get maths. I just don't understand; it's all formulas. Once you know them your set, but apparently Libby's brain didn't work like that.

"Oh my gosh, look at this!" Libby laughs as she turns her phone towards me and shows me a cat video. We both laugh as the cat fails to jump from its couch to the table. Cat videos are how Libby and I spend a lot of our time, there's just something about them that we find hilarious. "So," she says as she locks her phone and puts it beside her, "you and Ryder are, like friends now?"

"I wouldn't say friends. I'd say acquaintances, if that. We only ever talk when we have to." She gave me a look as if I was dumb.

"Oh please, you're so into him." My jaw dropped as shock took over me.

"Where did that even come from? No I'm not."

"I beg to differ. You guys would be a cute couple though, and think about the babies you'd have!" Just then the doorbell rang, talk about saved by the bell.

"You're insane." I said, getting up from my seat and running down the stairs to get away from Libby.

"It's going to happen! You will have children together!" She yelled after me as she followed me down the stairs. After pulling the money out of my wallet on the bench I skipped towards the door. Pizza always got me in a skipping type mood. I pulled the door open and the fresh smell of the pizza filled my nostrils.

I looked up at the delivery guy and he gave me a shy smile. He looked a bit younger than me, and his cute little hat made him look like such a muffin. "That'll be $25." He said and his voice cracked at the end. I handed him the cash and he quickly turned around and headed towards his bike.

"Who still does deliveries on a bike?" Libby asked from behind me.

I shrugged, "apparently this kid". We watched as he sped off down the road on his bike, and as soon as he was out of sight we started to laugh. The poor kid looked very unstable on his pizza delivery bike, he looked unbalanced and like the bike would tip at any moment.

"Hey, Sarah," someone called and I quickly placed the voice to the person. About twenty meters away, piling out of their car was Leo, Hunter and Connor. My eyes popped out of their sockets, before I quickly regained my composer. I waved a little hello before backing into my house and slamming the door.

"What are they doing here?" Libby asked with a loud sigh.

"Well, Ryder does live next door, so obviously they're visiting their annoying friend." She rolled her eyes and quickly snatched the pizza boxes out of my hand.

"I've had enough of them. Every since that little confrontation two days ago, whenever I see them they smirk at me and wink. Do you know how uncomfortable that makes me?" Libby out bursted.