Chapter 15

Lunches on Friday's are incredibly satisfying. The thought in the back of my mind that it's the last lunch of the school week always brings me joy. It's almost been a week since Libby and I went ice-skating with the boys, and since then they have been sitting with us at lunch and have been talking to us more and have been pretty open with our friendship.

I'm beginning to get used to the weird, disbelieving looks that I get when I walk the hallways with them; whether it's just one of the boys, a couple or all of them the looks I receive are thrown out of pure shock. On the other side of the spectrum, the publication of our friendship to the school has meant people are being kinder and friendlier towards Libby and I. That could be due the fact that people are scared of the boys or because Ryder and his friends are popular and accept and talk to us, people believe it is socially acceptable to talk to us, that it's not going to ruin their reputation. I'm not going to lie and say I hate it, nor am I going to say that I particularly love it, I don't appreciate that only now are people becoming friendly due to my friendship with the boys; but I guess that's high school. Libby and I are popular by association, but we don't care about the 'popularity' because we're friends with the boys and that's all that really matters.

Sitting around this lunch table has gotten pretty squishy. The boys opted for sitting on our table instead of us moving to theirs after one attempt to sit at their table, because it was more secluded and away from the middle of the room where everyone stared. Although it was a tighter fit now with them here, I wouldn't have it any other way because at this point in time, our friendship was great and I wouldn't want anything to ruin it. Leo and Libby were in a debate about whether Chinese or Italian food was better. The rest of us have decided to not pick a side and just be innocent bystanders for this one.

"But Italian food includes pizza!" Libby said throwing her hands in the air as if Chinese food vein superior to Italian food was the most outrageous thing she had ever heard. And to her it probably was.

"Yeah pizza's great, but have you ever had fried rice?" Leo responded very calmly.

Libby looked towards me in disbelief, "are you hearing this guy?" She said pointing towards Leo. "I can't talk about this anymore." She exclaimed throwing her hands up in the air. Leo laughed at her and I'm guessing he took that as a victory from the smug smile that crossed his face.

"Did you tell her?" Connor asked Ryder immediately after slapping him on the shoulder. All eyes on the table turned to Ryder and his eyes narrowed in question to Connors random outburst. "About your house, dude." Ryder nodded in understanding before turning his gaze towards me. He was seated directly across from me so it wasn't hard to do.

"Ok, well you know how your mum said no one stays in our house long because they think it's haunted or whatever?" I nodded remembering the conversation after dinner the day I officially met Ryder for the first time. While sitting around the dining table drinking wine, my mum told Suzan about the rumour of their house being haunted.

"I remember. What about it?" I replied raising one eyebrow in question.

"Well over the past couple of nights, mum has been hearing noises, well we all have. They're probably just the house creaking but mum reckons the rumours could be true."

"They're not true. That's just the excuse for people always moving out." I said with a small laugh.

"Yeah try telling my mum that." Ryder said rolling his eyes.

"Don't act tough, Steele. Last night you messaged me saying how scared you were." Leo spoke up with a smirk.

"No I didn't." Ryder said looking away in obvious embarrassment. I started laughing and he threw me a glare.