Chapter 27

Jade: I found him he's all right.

Leo: Where was he?

Jade: Don't know, I saw him walk past then I went up to him.

Leo: Ok, see you at lunch.

I closed my phone and slid it into my pocket. As promised, I messaged Leo as soon as I made it to first period. I didn't want him stressing when Ryder was fine. Well he has a black eye, but he's fine. I looked up at my English teacher and frowned. I hate him and his balding head. Why can't it just be lunch already? But of course I have class to deal with before that. I looked over at Libby and saw that she was rapidly writing notes. Like me, Libby wasn't the greatest at English. I however am not writing notes; I can't be bothered to be completely honest.

My eyes wandered over to the window and I looked outside. It was a really sunny day, and the birds were chirping outside of the window. All I want to do is stand up and go lie in the sun, or preferably go home, but that would do for the moment. Adults wonder why kids choose to sit inside on nice days, and then they lock us up in classrooms and expect us to work. Go figure.

I looked further along the path and noticed a couple making out up against a tree. Gross, don't they know that school is pretty public. Anyone could be watching them right now, wait why am I watching them? But before I could tear my eyes away the couple pulled apart and I saw their faces. Of course it was Ashley. Ashley and Craig. It doesn't even surprise me that she's moved on from Ryder so quickly; they were barely a couple in my opinion. From a third party point of view, it looked like they were only together for the sex.

The two held hands as they walked out of my view from the window. I looked back over at Libby and her pen was down next to her notebook.

"No more notes?" I whispered curiously.

"I can't be bothered anymore."

"Same."

"Did you even make notes?" She asked cocking an eyebrow mockingly.

"Nope." I said popping the 'p' and she laughed lightly.

"Jade, Liberty. Anything funny to share?" Our eye snapped over to him and I quickly shook my head. He gave us a stern look before turning back to his computer. I looked at Libby and saw her giving Mr Crox an annoyed look at the use of her full name. She hates her name, and insists her name is just Libby. I didn't know her full name was Liberty until about two years into our friendship. I hit her on the arm lightly and she looked over at me still annoyed. I motioned for her to calm down and she rolled her eyes before picking up her pen and drawing a horrible picture of our English teacher. I copied her, picking up my pen and drawing in the margins of my pages until the lesson ended.

...

When the lunch bell rang I stood up from my seat faster than intended. I wasn't the only one though, majority of our class did because it was history and everyone couldn't wait to get out of there. I gathered my things before glancing at the seat next to mine and waiting for Ryder to hurry up. I stood impatiently and he must've noticed because it seemed like he was taking extra long just to annoy me. He finally stood up and we walked out of the classroom.

"God, take any longer next time. Lunch will be over soon." I said sarcastically and he rolled his eyes.

"Next time, don't be in such a rush." He retaliated and I looked over at him in shock.

"How could you not want to leave that classroom right away? It's boring as hell."

"I enjoy history." He said as we approached my locker. I opened it and put mine and Ryder's belongings inside. We have started doing this because his locker is so far away and it means we get to go to lunch quicker. As I closed my locker, practically slamming the door shut, Libby walked up to hers. We greeted her and she looked at me confused motioning with her eyes to Ryder's black eye. I shook my head signalling that she'll find out later and we waited for her to put her things away before walking towards the lunchroom. As we neared the room my stomach growled and Ryder and Libby laughed at me.