9

"Congratulations!" John exclaimed happily when we told him the news. "I must admit I never thought I'd see the day Sherlock got married..."

"Well, I'm full of surprises" Sherlock retorted sarcastically. I punched him lightly on the arm and he winked at me, making me fall in love with him all over again.

"So how are you going to celebrate?" John asked us.

"We've got an appointment for an Ultrasound this afternoon so there's that" I grinned.

John smiled at me kindly. "You're going to be a fantastic mother"

"Isn't she just" Sherlock muttered proudly as he snaked a hand around my waist and pulled me close to him.

I suddenly felt a wave of gratitude flood through me. I was so happy to be able to say I had a perfect fiance, an extremely kind, funny and selfless best friend and a baby on the way. My life was completely and utterly perfect.

*3 Hours Later*

I lay back on an uncomfortable chair whilst a nurse rubbed some gel onto my stomach. I heard her saying something about the gel being cold but I didn't care, all I could focus on was the hair that had got stuck in her glasses frame. I tensed up and felt a little bit uncomfortable sitting there when I knew about the hair in her glasses, but I stopped myself from saying anything in an attempt not to be rude.

Sherlock noticed my discomfort and spoke up. "Excuse me, You've got a hair in the frame of your glasses"

The nurse looked a bit confused and slightly embarrassed, but she thankfully got rid of the hair. It kind of reminded me of the first time me and Sherlock met, when I told him he had an eyelash on his cheek.

The nurse put some sort of scanning machine thing on my stomach, and to my utter delight, a picture of a tiny baby appeared on a screen opposite me. A tiny life growing inside me that was half me and half the person I loved more than anything in the universe.

Sherlock squeezed my hand as he looked at the screen, grinning. It was so nice to see him so happy, and although a lot of people wouldn't share my opinion, I knew he was going to be a brilliant father.

"A healthy little baby! Everything seems fine!" the nurse exclaimed cheerfully. "Would you like to know the sex?"

"Nah, lets leave it a surprise" Sherlock said, and I nodded in agreement.

We made our way out of the hospital complete with pictures of our healthy new family member. We still had to break the news to Sherlock's parents, and I had no idea how Mycroft was going to react.

"So how are you feeling?" Sherlock spoke up.

I looked up at him "Fine. Really happy I mean...but nervous"

"Nothing's going to go wrong. You're under my protection...both of you"

I smiled at my fiance and wondered how I had ever been so lucky to meet someone as caring as him, when suddenly I started to feel a bit sick. I felt like I was going to throw up for a second but this was soon replaced with dizziness. I stopped walking and tried to regain my balance.

"Margo?" Sherlock's voice flooded with concern

I grabbed Sherlock's arm to try and steady myself, but the dizziness only grew stronger.

"Margo what is it?"

"Sherlock...I don't feel so good" I mumbled.

I looked up and the world around me began to spin. I let go of Sherlock's arm and everything was reduced to black. I heard Sherlock shout, and I felt my body hit the ground before it was all reduced to nothing.