5

I woke up on the sofa in Sherlock's living room with a soft blanket tucked up around me. I stretched and opened my eyes to see Sherlock in the kitchen staring into a microscope, and John sitting in an armchair next to the fireplace reading a newspaper. Sherlock looked up when he heard me stirring and he smiled.

"Sleep well?" he called over.

I nodded shyly, feeling slightly embarrassed at the thought of how stupid I must look whilst I sleep.

"Morning Margo" John said, looking up from his newspaper

"Morning, John"

Sherlock stood up from the microscope and walked over to me. He was wearing a purple shirt and slim trousers. The shirt was tight fitting and the first 2 buttons were undone making the detective look extremely sexy. I felt a bit flustered for a second.

"Ever been to the National History Museum?" Sherlock asked me.

"No...why?" I raised an eyebrow

"Get dressed, we're going out"

John looked up from his newspaper. His eyes trailed from me, to Sherlock, then back to me again. He looked extremely perplexed for a second but his confused expression was soon replaced with a warm smile.

*3 Hours Later*

Sherlock and I emerged from the museum after a fantastic day. Although Sherlock did manage to annoy a few tour guides by deducing how often the displays were cleaned, it was all really funny in the end. Sherlock interlocked his fingers with mine and my heart fluttered.

"So, did you enjoy today?" I could hear the smile in my boyfriend's voice.

"Immensely" I replied, looking up at him "Thank you"

We walked back to Baker Street, and when we were only a few minutes away from the flat, I started to slow down a bit, my hands started to sweat and so I pulled my hand away from Sherlock's.

"You okay?" Sherlock asked.

"Yeah..." I murmured, looking down at the path, trying hard to avoid stepping on any cracks in the pavement just in case they swallowed me up.

Sherlock smiled when he noticed what I was doing.

"Sorry..." I said to him, going a shade of crimson and feeling extremely embarrassed.

Without another word, Sherlock simply picked me up Bridal Style in his arms and started carrying me down the pavement so I didn't have to worry about stepping on the cracks.

"Sherlock!" I squeaked as he took me into his arms, making me feel extremely safe. No crack in the pavement was ever going to get to me as long as I had Sherlock Holmes by my side. 

He carried me all the way back to 221B, and set me down once we were safely inside the door.

"You're extremely sweet" I smiled up at him

"And you" Sherlock murmured, looking me up and down "Are extremely beautiful"

"Pfft"

"You are" he repeated as he leaned in to give me a soft kiss that I willingly melted into.

"Sherlock" I whispered breathlessly in-between kisses "I think I might be in love with you"