4

Knock. Knock. Knock.

I trudged over to the door of my flat.

It was really early, in fact, sunlight was only just beginning to dribble through my windows and the birds outside had only just started to sing.

I yawned as I opened the door and was greeted with a very very pleasant sight.

"Hi" Sherlock said as he stood in my doorway with a bunch of yellow flowers in his hand and a cute smile on his face.

"Sherlock" I giggled "What are you doing?"

"Just trying to make you smile. And it seems to be working! May I come in?"

I gestured for Sherlock to come inside, and butterflies fluttered in my stomach at his kind words.

As the detective wandered in, I noticed him observing my flat, taking in every detail.

I took the flowers off Sherlock with a smile, and set them neatly in a vase before washing my hands three times.

"Thank you for yesterday" I said to him as I walked over and sat by him on my sofa. "It was the best day I've had in a long time"

"The pleasure was all mine" he grinned.

Sherlock was about to say something else when his phone buzzed in his coat pocket. He pulled it out and his eyes widened a bit when the screen lit up.

"What is it?" I inquired nosily, trying to peek at his phone.

"A case, finally" he said with a wicked grin "Care to join me?"

"Where are we going?" I laughed

"221B Baker Street" Sherlock said.

*1 Hour Later*

We arrived at 221B Baker Street. Sherlock and I hopped out of the cab we came in and Sherlock paid the driver before the cab drove off. It turned out Sherlock lived in a really nice area of London. Much more central than where I lived, much buisier.

As we walked inside, Sherlock hung his coat on the pegs just inside the door and graciously took my coat from me with a smile before hanging it up. I started to wonder how I had been so lucky to bump into someone like him on the street.

We wandered up the stairs, presumably to his flat.

As we walked through the door I was hit with the strong scent of indistinguishable chemicals and strong tea. Visible specks of dust floated in the air as sunlight poured into the room and there were two ageing chairs sat next to a fireplace, and a smiley face that was spray painted on the wall with bright yellow paint. As I looked closer, I thought I could make out bullet holes in the wall too. It was incredibly messy but strangely I didn't feel on edge or nervous. 

Everything just felt...okay.

"Sorry, uh, it's a bit messy" Sherlock said, smiling weakly.

"No...it's fine" I replied, still looking around and wondering why I wasn't having a nervous breakdown. "I like it"

"Sherlock!" An unfamiliar voice from across the room spoke up "And...Who's this?"

As I looked over at the face that matched the voice. I saw an man of average height and grey-blonde hair. He looked a bit older than Sherlock but he had a friendly face, he was dressed in a blue short sleeved shirt and jeans.

"This is Margo" Sherlock said with a hint of pride in his voice "Margo this is my friend, John Watson"

"Well uh" John said, looking at me with slight confusion "It's...nice to meet you Margo"