6

*1 Year Later*

I was awakened by a sleepy sounding groan a few centimeters away from me. I turned over in bed and was greeted with an adorably sleepy Sherlock. His dark hair was messy and it fell effortlessly over his pale skin that still looked perfect even though he'd just woken up. His arm was slung snugly around my waist, making me feel like no one could ever touch us as long as we were together.

I'd moved into 221B a few months ago after me and Sherlock decided we couldn't be without each other. We were a pretty formidable team, and although I was utterly atrocious at solving crimes, I was great at making tea and Sherlock said I was brilliant in bed so that was a bonus I guess.

"Morning sunshine" I whispered sleepily to Sherlock who was opening his eyes.

Sherlock yawned and smiled at me, pulling me closer into his warmth. "Hey beautiful"

"Want some breakfast?"

"I don't eat when I'm on a case remember? Digestive system slows-"

"You're not on a case, Sherlock" I cut him off.

"I'm not?"

"Nope, you solved your last case about a week ago" I laughed at him.

"Oh..." Sherlock huffed "Then, yeah breakfast would be great"

I got out of bed wearing an old, but immaculately clean, baggy T-shirt and shorts and wandered into the kitchen to get started on breakfast for us. I mentally cursed Sherlock when I saw a dirty coffee cup from the night before next to the sink. I washed the cup as quickly as I could and then washed my hands four, no, five times.

I looked around the room, expecting to see John sitting in his chair or writing on his blog, but he was nowhere to be found.

"Sherlock!" I shouted towards the bedroom where Sherlock was still lazing around.

"Mmhm?" I heard a stifled groan which could have only belonged to the detective.

He was definitely not a morning person.

"Where's John?!"

"He told me he needed some space" Sherlock said sleepily as he emerged from the bedroom and walked into the kitchen "He got mad at me after our last case"

"What did you do?" I crossed my arms and frowned.

The detective shrugged "I drugged him"

"You did what?"

"I drugged him. He didn't get hurt. It was to prove a point" Sherlock answered me lazily as he walked over to John's laptop that was still on the table in the living room.

"Sherlock you can't just drug your best friend. I'm sure you guys could have found a way around it if you'd have just spoken to him about it"

I couldn't see Sherlock's face from this angle, but I could almost feel him rolling his eyes at me.

"He'll get over it"

I frowned.

"You should apologize to him"

Sherlock looked over at me disapprovingly. "Apologize? For what?"

"For drugging him!"

"Why is it anything to do with you anyway?" Sherlock retorted harshly.

I was a bit taken aback by his sharp tone. "Because John is my friend, Sherlock"

"Who's side are you on?" the detective stood up. He was obviously sensitive about the subject.

Maybe he really did feel bad for hurting John, he just didn't want to show it.

"Why are you being like this Sherlock?"

"Why are you getting involved?"

"Have you forgotten I'm your girlfriend?!"

Sherlock moved closer to me and his expression became angry.

"If you're not happy with me, just go"

My words hitched in my throat and suddenly I felt a bit weak.

My voice was barely louder than a whisper. "What?"

"Well if John dosent want to stay here anymore maybe you want to leave too?" Sherlock was shouting now. "Maybe you think all this was a mistake?!"

"Maybe I think what was a mistake?!" I shouted back, getting equally angry at how dramatic my boyfriend was being.

"Us! Me and you! Is that how you feel?!" Sherlock yelled

"Oh my god Sherlock-"

"Is it?!"

"Right just leave me alone you're really starting to piss me off-"

"MARGO!" he bellowed as I started to walk away.

I suddenly felt as if a million tiny strings inside of me broke. Tears rose in my eyes. I spun around to face the love of my life and almost screamed at him:

"HOW CAN WE BE A MISTAKE IF I DON'T NEED TO WASH MY HANDS AFTER I TOUCH YOU?!"

Sherlock looked taken aback. His angry expression softened and guilt flashed through his eyes. Tears were streaming down my face.

"Margo I'm sorry I-"

"You were the first perfect thing I ever got stuck on" I said, sobbing "Don't ever say that we were a mistake"

Then, Sherlock's arms were around me. And although I felt like hitting him around the face and shouting at him about how much of an idiot he is sometimes and how he drives me crazy, instead I welcomed his embrace and cried into his chest, the smell of tobacco and tea wrapping me up like a blanket and taking me into a different world that only Sherlock Holmes could take me into.

"I'm sorry Margo, I really am, I'll apologize to John" Sherlock's gentle baritone voice comforted me.

"You're such an idiot" I mumbled into his chest.

"I know. I love you so much"

"I love you too"