Chapter 34. Conviction.

Author's Note:

Hey you guys!!! I realise I left you all on a big cliffhanger. Well its just the start. We are going to have many more ahead until the end of this book. Which is coming soon!!!

One thing I wanted to request to you all readers is that, please do not spoil the suspense for other readers if by chance you are going to read the old chapters again!! And comment whats going to happen in the next chapters.
It was a huge revelation in the previous chapter and just like you were left speechless I do not want to take away the same experience from other potential readers who might read this book one day.

It will mean alot to me.
Thank you❤️

And here you go...another chapter..
lets find out WHAT in actual hell really happened???
***

Rage.

"FUCKING FIND MY WIFE." I scream grabbing my hair in frustration and anger.
"I have got Kevin looking into Federal Bureau." Romero informs me.
I shake my head and turn away.

This is NOT fucking happening.
Tim can't be dead!!!!
I know it with all my heart, Scarlett didn't kill him. He is her only family.
She has done things for him that not everyone has the heart or soul to do.

"Oh...how the tables have turned!!"

I turn around to face Gomez.

I can only imagine what kind of Monster I might be looking like with the red I am seeing, it was enough to make the Mayor snicker but reflect fear in his goddamn eyes.

"Imagine the news headline tomorrow morning. Zenon Rage Díaz's wife Scarlett Rage Díaz convicted in the murder of her young brother Timothy Francis." He snickers.
It was enough for me to point my gun at him.

"Go ahead. Do it. Kill me. Kill all of us. It is time the people of this country see your true colours. The notorious Mafia Boss, Rage Díaz kills the innocent Mayor and his family for convicting his wife." He sneers, egging me on.
"You and I both know, she did not do this." I say menacingly.
I know she did not do it.
And I am hellbent on finding out just what the hell happened.

He laughs dryly shaking his head.
"She confessed to it, Díaz. There is nothing you can do anymore to get your wife back. I can only wonder what happens to her once she is sentenced to jail." He says thoughtfully and just then his eyes lighten up with menace.

I grab his collar making him look me in the eyes.

"I don't give a fuck about my reputation, Mayor. You seem to have underestimated your own knowledge about me. You put the bait. And I cower under you. Is that right?" I smile deadly and smoothened his smothered collar.

"She may be my weakness. But god help you. Or anyone who thinks I will bow down and let you all take over MY fucking Country by using MY wife. I can guarantee you. She will hold her head high and proudly step into whatever hell you will put her in. Knowing. I am coming for her. No one. Not even the god himself can keep me away from her. Even if I have to tear this country apart bit by bit. I will. Get. My. Wife. Back." I smiled and stepped back.

"Take his wife and daughter and put them in the tunnels." I barked at my men who immediately grabbed hold of the wailing women, begging to be let go.

"You can not do this." He hissed.
"Oh I can, Mayor." I smirk.

"I have your wife. I can get her killed anyday with the snap of my fingers." He sneers baring his teeth.
"Yeah. Do that. And I will make sure I put your girls through so much hell that they do not recognise you or themselves. Don't underestimate where my priorities lay, Mayor. My wife has gone through hell and back. She will come out of it. But wonder yourself!!! Will your wife and daughter come out of it? " I say raising an eyebrow in a challenging manner.