•Filler Chapter : Hero.•

Scarlett.

"Do you think, we will ever get out of here?" I murmured in a small voice.
"One day." Tim promised.
A broken sob escapes my lips when I feel the sting of the antiseptic on my back, but I muffle it onto the pillow.
"You don't have to always be strong around me, Scara-boo." He whispered, as he bandaged a cut on my back.
"I know it hurts. Alot.... more than I can possibly imagine." He croaks.
I don't know if I can handle him seeing me in pain.
We are supposed to be each other's anchor.
And lately.
Both of us are breaking down in pieces bit by bit.
"Who will help us, Timmy?" I ask after he is done bandaging me.
He coddles my broken body, into his chest as he uses his nails to lightly stroke my hair, in a manner of comfort.
"Someone. We don't know who. But we can only, hope. Right?" He asks.
"They are too scared of him. No one will help us, Timmy. We are all alone" I said.
"I don't believe that. Even though most messed up people have a hero out there who saves them. Why can't we have one? You see. One day. There will be someone who will help us get through this. Who will protect us. No matter what. Our own family." He said soothingly.
He has always been the one to believe in fairytales.
I was not that person.
I knew. If we wanted to get out of here.
It will only be if we did something about it.
Who can possibly keep us safe from our monster of a father?
There is no fairytale.
There is no prince.
And I know there is no knight in a shining armour waiting to save us from this nightmare.
"What if we are too numb to see him?" He asks me.
"See who?" I asked.
"Our hero." He says.
"What if we are too numb, too broken to see him?" He asks.
I did not have an answer for him.
I was only fifteen.
What could I possibly say?
Why give him hope? When I don't have any.

Heroes don't exist.
Not in our world.

***

Rage.

"Zenny. Do you think mama and papa are watching over us right now?" Angela whispered.
"I think so." I agreed.
She hums in response and looks back into the ocean.
"Do you think we will ever be able to be normal?" She asks looking down at her feet.
"Why would you say that?" I ask folding my arms to my chest.
"Well....you see how kids our age are like? They are so...normal. So happy. And look at us, Zenon. We have to stay in the shadows. Protect ourselves. Everywhere we go. People are so...afraid of us. Do you think we will ever be to find someone who does not cares about where we come from. Or what we are? I mean....." she sighs in defeat and looks away in to ocean again.
The only sound was that of the seagulls.
I did not know how to answer her.
"I don't know, Angie. But...I hope so. I don't know whats it like to be normal. We have been anything but normal. How do you expect someone to love us for who we are when we ourselves loathe the mere idea of this business." I said...
She smiles and looks at me sideways.
"We will, Zenon. One day. We can't always be like this. Right? I mean Mama hated papa's guts. They used to fight all the time. But at the end of the day. They accepted one another for who they are. And loved each other until the end. Why can't we find someone like that?"
"You really think we will? Even after all we have done in this business?" I ask her.
"That was our past. We have changed now. We are not the Díaz heirs anymore. We are just Angela and Zenon now. We help people. I know one day. There will be someone out there. Who accepts our flaws and loves us unconditionally." She agrees to herself and smiles.
"What if we don't." I said looking down at the white sand under my naked feet.

"You will, Zenon." She says urgently taking my hands in hers.

"I know you. I know the heart you hold. You did not shed a single tear infront of me, afraid of being weak when I needed you the most. Do you not see what I see in you? God only knows how much you have cried for them and never once showed it to the world. You think its a weakness. But I see, the person you are, Zenon. You are not our father. Believe it or not. You take after our mother. Gentle and caring." She says.

"They compare my anger to his." I said smirking.
"Of course you do. Every Díaz man does. How else will they protect their loved ones if they weren't short tempered." She says laughing sweetly.

"One day. Your name will be enough to scare the crap out of anyone. And you will find someone, Who will be the shield that calms down that raging fire." She smiles and ruffles my hair.
"I hope she is strong enough to do that." I chuckle.
"Don't worry. You are a softy when you need to be." She smirks like me.

"And....when you do find her, Zenny. Whatever happens. No matter how dangerous our life gets. Protect her with everything you've got. Make her your strength. Not your weakness." She whispered, kissed my forehead and ran into the ocean, calling me out to join her in the cold water with her yellow duck float.
We were barely even sixteen at that time.

But lord only knows, how true my sister's words were.

***

Author's Note:

I made my own Instagram Public Page.
Unfollow me from my personal one. And go to this Public page.
The username is WrittenByTwinkleParihar.
I will be posting teasers, announcements and anything else regarding my books on it.

Will post another chapter tomorrow.
Lots of love❤️