Chapter 21. Finding Scarlett.

Scarlett.

Sobs raked my body as I laid there on our bed. Clutching on to the mattress I had flashbacks of everything that happened.
The way his eyes diverted with bitterness when he saw my scarred back.
It felt like a knife twisting into my heart.
I don't know whether I am hurting more. Or him.
Because throughout the house you could hear Rage destroying things with the sounds of his pained roars.

The next day I woke up in our bed, all alone.
Last night, when he came back to bed, he was drunk. Again.
I could smell the pungent smell of alcohol with every breath he took.
He had gathered me in his arms and slept with his head on my chest and his hands clutching my body in a deathly grip.
Throughout the night his words rang in my ears.

I will make you love me even if I have to die trying.

It is Timmy's graduation day today.
So, with a tired sigh I made my way to the bathroom.

When I came out of our walk in closet, dressed in a flowery pink and orange coloured dress, ready for my brother's freedom from highschool education, I found Rage fixing his tie by himself in front of the bathroom mirror.
He didn't wear the suit I got for him.
And it hurt to see that he didn't.

His dark gaze finds my blue one. With noticeable hurt and resentment, His eyes looked me up and down.
I am sure he is accessing the length of my dress.

"You are not wearing the suit I got for you." I said, breaking the silence. His eyes find mine again.
"I want to wear it on our wedding." He says in a gruff voice.
Again. With the wedding.
"We can get another one for it." I said.
"It is the first thing you got for me. I want to wear it on a special day rather than waste it on the graduation of an eighteen year old hormonal kid." He says narrowing his eyes.
Timmy didn't look like just "an eighteen year old hormonal kid" to him when they both are laughing and talking about football matches and their teams on the dinning table, boring the hell out of me.
You would think they are long lost brothers, the way they hang out with one another.
Tim can have him for all I care.
Moody bastard.

I gave a stiff nod and left him to his own to get ready for the day.

****

Rage.

I made sure to keep a hold on her everywhere she went.
I just couldn't trust her anymore, knowing she will run from me the moment she gets a chance to do so.

Honestly, I am not afraid of her running away.
I am afraid of what I will do to her when I have caught her.

"What a pleasant surprise, Mr. Rage. Its good to see you. What brings you here?" We were welcomed by the principal of the school when we entered the auditorium where the graduation ceremony will be held.
"I am here for my brother in law's graduation. Timothy Francis" I said with pride as I held Scarlett against me.
"Oh! Excellent student. Quite a trouble maker, your brother, Mrs. Rage" He says shaking Scarlett's hand.
She uncomfortably shook it with a shy smile.
I took her hand from him with a glare and left him squirming under it.
"You need to stop going caveman on me everytime someone looks at me, Rage." She hissed beside me.
"I. Don't. Fucking. Care." I whispered venomously in her ear, gripping her waist.
"Let me go." She demanded.
I gave her a death glare before making her sit with me along with all the other parents waiting for their kid to graduate.
"Make. One Move. One move, Scar. And Ill make sure you regret it." I whisper hissed in her ear, making her go still. She looked at me bitterly with glazed eyes and then looked away, clenching her jaw.
"I won't let you control my life." She whispered for the two of us.
"I already do." I smirked arrogantly and waited for the shit to be over so I can go home and talk some sense into her head.