|| l. payne |*|

Liam Imagine: So you had a bad day?

Jane:

I was definitely having a bad day at school. I had a big exam that I didn't feel to confident about to begin with. I studied day and night for two weeks straight, but I honestly still feel as if it's not good enough.

This was the big exam. This was the exam that determined whether or not I was getting into the career path I wanted. I am so doubtful of myself, and how I did, right now. I'm convinced that I'm going to have to take it again, or even change career plans.

I am so terrified about it, and I guess it was obvious that I was as soon as I walked through the door of my apartment. I didn't want to worry anyone, so I went straight to my room.

My roommates knew to leave me alone when I walked straight to my room rather than the kitchen, so nobody came after me. However, after about two minutes, my door swung open. I was sprawled out on the bed and was way too lazy to get up, so without looking I grabbed one of my pillows and threw it towards the general direction of the door.

"Get out!" I yelled while burying my face into another pillow.

"No, Jane. I will not get out. It's not like you to walk in and completely ignore everyone like that. So I am not leaving until I get an explanation," my newest roommate, Liam, said.

"Look Liam, your new here; and I understand that you don't really know how things work around here, so let me explain. When I walk in like that and ignore everyone, it's because I want nothing more but to be alone. I simply need time to be on my own and cool down from the long terrible day I've had. So I'm really not going to tell you again. Get. Out. Please," I said hopefully.

He only chuckled to himself while shaking his head and walking towards my bed to sit down. I didn't really know what to do about it, so I just sat up and glared at him. He continued doing that until he finally spoke, "so you had a bad day then? That's what this is all about? You know, talking about it will only make it better." He said confidently.

"No it won't. It will only remind me of the big failure I am. It won't help me in any way or form. So no, I won't talk about it with anyone; and I especially will not talk about it with you. I don't even know you. You just moved in, what two months ago? I've been living with these guys for a little over a year and a half, so if anything I would talk to them, but I'm not going to. So there's the door, bye." I said trying to sound as confident as possible, but failing a bit at the end.

"C'mon, Jane. Stop trying to fool everyone. I know you're upset, so talk to me. I promise you that you'll feel better. Trust me," he said.

"Fine. I had my entrance exam today, and I'm pretty sure I did terribly on it. Now, I feel like I can't do anything else. This determines if I get to be in the career I've always been dreaming about; and if I failed, I have to go to plan B. The scary thing is, I don't have a plan B. It was this or nothing. I'm nothing without that career plan. I don't know that I'm supposed to do with my life. And talking about it, isn't helping. It's really only making things worse! You know, people are going to think less of me; and who's going to want to be with someone who doesn't know what they are doing with their life." I said with teary eyes.

Liam looked at me in disbelief, which was weird, and moved in closer, until our thighs were touching.

He looked my in the eyes and said, "Jane, I know you did well. You know how I know this? I know this because I saw how hard you worked in preparation for the exam. You studied nonstop. And I know you're an intelligent girl, because our professors always talk so fondly of you. Everyone does. You are destined to do great things. You may not see it, but you are an amazing person. You could do anything and succeed at it, so you will never be 'nothing.' Trust me. Nobody will think less of you, because of how well you did, or didn't do, on the exam. And even if nobody else would want to be with someone like that, I would," he said.

"You would?" I questioned him unsure of where he was going with this.

"If it were you, yes! I would. I don't care whether you know who you are and what you want to do. I want you as you are, because you're someone I would like to fall in love with; and frankly, I see that happening in the near future. If that's okay with you that is,"

"Are you asking me out Liam Payne?"

"Well, uh, yes. In a way, I think I am." He said as he began to flush red. "So uh what do you say Jane, would you go out with me?"

I didn't give him a verbal answer; instead I simply just closed the small space between the two of us. It seemed like the right thing to do, so I kissed him, feeling surprisingly better the second my lips met his.

"So is that your way of saying yes, and thanking me for making you feel better?" he asked with a smile as we both pulled away.

I nodded smiling at him before responding, "Yeah pretty much, but how is it that we went from talking about my bad day to me having a date? It's like you planned the whole thing. You did, didn't you?"

"Sort of, but you feel better, don't you?"

I nodded again. I was about to say something else, but before I could speak, he said, "Well I did promise, didn't I?" and then he pulled me in and kissed me again.

Now, whenever I have a bad day I head straight to his room instead of my own.