II

I woke and did my daily routine. I put on a black top and blue jeans. I slipped on black toms. I left my hair as it was and grabbed my things. I walked downstairs and saw the guys standing there. "Finally." Julian groaned. I glared at him and Adrian threw his arm around me. "You look pretty." He said. "Thank you." I smiled. "No hitting on my sister." Carter said. "I was just being nice." Adrian groaned.

"Can we go?" Julian asked. What crawled up is arse and died? "Let's go." Ryan said. We left out and got in his car. Ryan and Carter were in the front and I was in the middle of Julian and Adrian. Julian was typing away on his phone. "So, you're happy to be a senior?" I asked. "Does it look like I wanna talk to you?" He asked. "Um, no, but I thought that yesterday-" He cut me off. "I don't care about yesterday." He said. I bit my lip and looked out the window.

We got to school and got out. I walked away from the guys and headed to the building. People looked at me as I walked inside. I got to my first class and sat down. A girl with dirty brown hair and brown eyes walked over and sat next to me. "I'm Quinn." She said. "Sinead." I smiled. "Wanna be friends?" She asked. "Gee, uh sure." I smiled. "I'm sorry, I'm really outgoing." She said playing with her hair. "It's fine." I said.

She's really perky and girly. I'm gonna love her. "So your new?" She asked. "Yeah, I'm Carter Peterson's stepsister." I said. "The school's most popular senior?" She asked. "Yeah." I said. "Omg I've had the biggest crush on him since freshman year." She said. "Really?" I asked. "Yeah." She mumbled. "That's so cute." I smiled.

"Um, y'all are sitting in my seat." This girl with platinum blonde hair and icey blue eyes said. She has a great body. "I don't see your name on the chair." I said. "I don't care new girl." She snapped. "Well I don't either, there's thirty desks behind me, pick one." I said. She glared at me then walked away. "Who is that?" I asked. "Brittany Posner the school's most popular girl, captain of the cheer team, and girlfriend of Julian Polinice, your brother's best friend." She said. "Oh." I said.

-----

After my first two classes were over its time for lunch. I walked in line and got a cesar salad and and bottled water. I walked over to Quinn and sat across from her. We started eating and having a conversation about hair. "Hey sis." Carter said as him and his friends sat at my table. Julian decided to sit next to me. "Hey, this is my friend Quinn." I said. He turned to her and smiled. "Hey cutie." He said. "Eh, uh, H-hey." Quinn stutter and I laughed at her. "Someone's nervous." Ryan chuckled and so did Julian.

"You're in a better mood?" I asked. "Yeah." He said then looked at me. "Good, because I thought I was gonna have to give you a good ol' Irish lass kicking." I said and he laughed. "I'm glad you didn't." He said. "It would've been fun." I chuckled. He was about to say something when Brittany smashed her lips onto his. When did she get here? I rolled my eyes as her best friend Ashley walked over and started flirting with Carter.

"Sin, you ready?" Quinn asked. I nodded and we got up. We collected our things and left. "I hate them already, and its only my first day." I said and she chuckled. "The thing is we used to friends until she did something completely horrible to me." She said. "What did she do?" I asked. "Its not the place to talk about it." She said. "I understand." I said. She nodded and we walked to world history.

We sat down and I pulled out a notebook. "How do you like America so far?" She asked. "Its okay, its very different from Ireland." I said. "Oh cool." She said. "Yeah, saint's Patrick's day I'm gonna make you Irish whiskey cake." I said. "Okay, let's hope I don't get drunk." She chuckled. "You won't, well you might if my dad is in control of the whiskey." I said and we laughed.

-----

Once school ended, Quinn and I said our goodbyes and I met up with the guys. "Ashley and Brittany are coming over." Carter said. "Why?" I asked. "Because we're gonna hang out." He said. I groaned and climbed in the car. The guys got in and Ryan drove off. "How was your first day?" Julian asked. "Good actually." I said. "That's good." He said. "Yeah, how was yours?" I replied. "Eh." He said. "Oh dang." I said. He chuckled. "Its fine, I just don't like school." He said. "Oh." I said.

We pulled up at home and got out. I walked in and went upstairs. "Hey Sinead." My step mom Rena said. "Hi Rena." I said. "You can call me mom." She smiled. "I'd rather not." I said then walked into my room. I closed the door and plopped down on my bed. I wasn't trying to be rude, its just that I'm not ready for a mother figure. I still miss my mom, she was my best friend, my only friend.

I wiped the stray tear and changed into more comfortable clothing. I turned on Hopeless by Khalid and started on my homework. I was singing along to the amazing song when my door opened. "Hey baby doll." My dad said. "Hey." I smiled. "How was your day?" He asked. "Good." I said.

"That's good." He said. "Yeah, I'm trying to do homework." I said. "Oh, I'm sorry." He said. "Its fine dad." I chuckled. "I'll leave you back to your work." He said. "Thanks." I smiled. He kissed my forehead then walked out.  Back to my work.