chapter 3

Fang pulled me in his arms and began to rub that place I like right between my wings. I tried to relax but m mind was overflowing with complications that this new world might bring for us. Im so paranoid that I should have an award for being most paranoid hybrid, no wait, most paranoid period.

"You shouldn't worry yourself," Fang said as he pulled me back and looked in my eyes, "Youre always Max the Leader, Max the Brave, Max the completely-unhappy-because-shes-to-paranoid."

"You know I cant help it." I muter.

"I know, its part of what makes you Max, my Max. I wouldnt trade you for anyone, no matter how paranoid you are." he said the last bit with a serious but caring look on his face.

"I wouldn't trade you either, but we need to sleep. we need to make a game plan in the morning, just incase things don't work out here."

"im okay with that, Ill be over first thing in the morning."

"Um, maybe can you stay here with me tonight? ive been through a lot today." I feel so weak.

Fang did one of those rare earthstopping smiles. "Of course, I was kinda hopping oud ask me."

I threw myself face first on the expensive bed spread, it felt as soft as my downy feathers. I slipped under the blanket and sighed, the expensive mares curved to m body gently. all these years of running away and sleeping in tunnels and caves seemed slightly worth just lying in this luxurie bed for only a few silent moments.

I didn't even feel the bed move as fang quietly slipped beside me, but I sure felt the tingles that shot through to my heart as he twined his fingers with mine.

"This bed is amazing." he mumbled as he tugged me to his chest, "still not as amazing as you though."

"Its like a bunch of clouds were shaped into a bed just for us."

"Yeah," he kissed m forehead, "we both need to sleep after today. Goodnight Max, I love you."

"I love you to." I smile as I already begin to drift to sleep.