Chapter 8

"I have some news." My mom announced. She had gotten the flock together, saying it was important. Like everything else here, the conference room she gathered us in was speak and new. "I've been going through files trying to find information on the virus that was released. We found some lost files while searching.. and Max, we have your correct birth date. It's June 29th 1996."

My eyes widened in surprise. I had never thought I'd have an actual recorded birthdate.

The others in my flock looked astounded, paying close attention now to my mother and the papers she delicately held.

"Nudge, you were born September 11, 1999."

"So I'm fifteen?" Nudge squealed excitedly.

"Yes you are." my mom smiled tenderly at her, "Iggy you were born November 7, 1997. That makes you seventeen."

A pleased look crosses over Iggy's face.

"Gazzy, you were born July 3, 2004. Angel you were born July 13th, 2005."

Gazzy beamed with pride as Angel smiled sweetly.

"Fang, you were born May 19, 1995. You were also born with the full name of Nickolas James Asher."

The flock exploded in laughter, I was snorting, my mothers face looking confused at our amusement.

"So f-nick," said Iggy, causing another wave of laughter. "I guess you're the oldest now

"I think I'll stick to Fang for now Ms.Martinez, but thank you anyway." Fang said to my mom who was still confused by our laughter.

"I don't get what's funny but I don't wanna ask," she said with a dainty smile, "but Fang, there was also a file on your mother."

Everyone grew dead silent and serious, the look on Fang's face was stone hard and blank.

"Her name is Bethany Anne Asher. She is 38, and lives in New York."

A deep look covered Fang's face, thinking while also full of pain and relief, as if he was finally relieved that he now knows he has a mother.

"She thought you died at birth. We know where she is, so were trying to bring her here, to keep her free of the virus before it gets to New York."

"Thank You," he whispered as a single tear escaped his eye, almost unrecognizable and clearly foreign to his strong, composed face."

****************
Authors Note:
Sorry it took so long to update. hoping to update again soon. remember to follow, like and comment.
Baii ✌🏻️

-Aubrey Universe
**************************