12

Ethan's POV

I walked into the bedroom tears filling my eyes. I didn't mean what I said, I'm just freaking out. I truly love Kaila so much and I don't want to lose her. More tears filled my eyes as I thought about not having her anymore. I decided to call Grayson considering I haven't talked to him since our argument. The phone rang a couple times and Grayson answered,

"Hey.." I said awkwardly. "Hey buddy!" He said excited and almost relieved to hear my voice. "Grayson I'm so sorry about our argument and I'm sorry that I haven't said it sooner." I said fighting back tears. "Hey, hey, if anything I should be apologizing. I shouldn't have been drinking like that. I haven't touched it since our argument and when I didn't hear back from you. It's not worth losing family, just like what Kaila told me. Man she's a good girl. Don't lose her and don't hurt her." The last sentence was something that I didn't want to hear and it was like a jab to the heart. "That's the thing Grayson, I'm afraid I've done exactly that. We um- had you know- sex and I may hav-" Grayson cut me off, "You didn't." He sighed. "I did. I know it's bad. I was freaking out about it and said some really hurtful things that I'm afraid I'll never make up for. Please help me Gray, I can't lose her." I said crying harder. "Listen buddy, I know that it's bad now but think about it for a second. If she is pregnant," I closed my eyes and my heart sunk at the words, "then that means you'll have a child. Please Ethan, please do not let that child grow up without a father. We know what it's like and it sucks. Don't let that child grow up wondering why it wasn't good enough for its father to stick around. Give it a better life than we had and if she's not pregnant then rad. But if she is you have to take responsibility. Kaila needs you right now, take the initiative to care for her feelings too. I'm sure she's terrified and not having you probably scares the hell out of her even more. Be a man and be responsible." Grayson finished and I stared into space taking in everything he had just said and realizing he's totally right. "Thank you so much Gray. I love you bud. I'll see you soon!" He said it back and I hung up the phone. I walked out of the room trying to be quite and headed down the stairs. I got to the couch and Kaila was fake sleeping. After sleeping with her enough I know what she looks like when she's asleep and that's not it. I sat down in the floor beside her and spoke.

Kaila's POV

I heard the door open upstairs and I pretended that I was asleep. Ethan sat down beside me and spoke. "I'm sorry, and you're totally right. I was being selfish. I was just freaking out. I don't know that I'm ready to be a dad and when I'm a dad I want to be ready because I want to be the best dad that I can possibly be. I know that if you are pregnant I'll suck it up and take responsibility. I'll be damned if I lose you, Kaila. You're absolutely the best thing that has every happened to be. There's no telling where I'd be without you. Probably dead, I would have probably drank myself to death or gotten in a car crash because I was high or drunk. Truth is I fell madly in love with you. I'm sorry that I fell in love with you, and I'm sorry if it's hurting you. I didn't mean to fall in love. It just kind of happened. You happened....." he paused and took a deep breath and I kept my eyes closed, "I know that you're probably just as scared as I am and I'm sorry I wasn't showing any sympathy for your feelings. If you are pregnant baby, I'm not going anywhere. Honestly after this argument and me realizing I could really lose you, I'm never ever going anywhere..." He got choked up as he finished his last sentence. As my eyes fluttered open a tear fell and I noticed he was already on his feet and walking away. I jumped up and grabbed his arm forcing him to turn to me and I kissed him. It was so passionate and heartfelt. I tasted the saltiness of his tears and I know he tasted mine. Our lips disconnected but we didn't. His hands on my waist, my hands around his neck, and our foreheads touching. "Ethan, I love you. I can't even describe it in words. I never want to be somewhere you aren't." I whispered catching my breath from our kiss.

OKAY HONESTLY I CRIED WRITING THIS. I AM SO JEALOUS AND I AM THE ONE WRITING IT! LOL. BE SURE TO VOTE AND COMMENT. I WILL UPDATE SOON LOVELIES🖤🖤🖤