22. Telling Friends

Caspar's POV

"Hey buddy!" I smiled as i let Josh through our front door.

"Alright? Where's Joe?" he asked, throwing his bag to the floor.

"He went out for a drink with his friend, Alex. He's staying tonight." I informed him.

"Wait staying? You don't have enough room?" Josh questioned, walking over to our couch and sitting down with an 'oomf'.

"No i know, i'm assuming that me and Joe are going to share. That's the only reasonable thing to do." I sighed.

"Ah right." Josh nodded.

The real reason i had asked Josh to stay over tonight, was so i could tell him about me and Joe. I could trust Josh. I've known him forever, and never has he told anybody any of my secrets. But i was unsure. Unsure because i don't know if he will accept me. I hope he does, and i truly believe he will, but there was still that small niggling feeling in the pit of my stomach that he wasn't going to like it.

Plus, i wasn't sure whether Joe would appreciate it either. Of course, the only people who know about us, is Zoe and Alfie, unless he's told this Alex dude. But i haven't got permission off Joe to tell Josh. However, i think he'd be glad that i'm finally coming to terms with things. Telling Josh would be the best thing to do.

"Josh." I started, reaching his attention.

"Caspar." Josh said back, looking up at me with a confused expression.

"I need to tell you something." I said, taking a deep breath, and sitting down on the other couch.

Josh sat up straight and put his arms on his legs. "What?"

"Well you know Joe- well you see- well-" 

"Caspar speak normally, please. You know i don;t understand your stuttering language." Josh sighed.

"Me and Joe are together."

Josh just looked at me with a blank expression.

"Together?" he said.

"Yes. Together. As in Joe, is my boyfriend." I stated slowly.

Again, Josh just looked at me. He had no traces of anger on his face, nor did he have a look of happiness.

All of a sudden Josh shot up from his seat on the chair.

"Wait you're together?" Josh asked loudly.

"Yes?" I said back, utterly confused, "That's what i said. Isn't it?"

A few seconds silence filled the room, when suddenly Josh pulled me from the couch and pulled me into a huge hug. I was in shock, but eventually wrapped my arms around his back, and hugged back.

As i pulled back, i looked straight at him.

"So you're not mad?" I asked hopefully.

"Mad?" Josh said, "Why would i be mad?"

"I was just worried," I admitted, "Worried that you wouldn't accept it. Accept me. Or that you'd hate Joe, or that you just wouldn't be my friend anymore. Or something like that i don't know."

Josh burst out laughing, "Caspar you prat. How long have you known me? How long? Practically your whole life. I wouldn't do that. Never would i think of doing that."

I gave him a thankful smile.

"Anyway," Josh started, "It wasn't exactly the biggest surprise."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What do you mean?"

"You're not exactly the straightest bloke out there, are you?" he said cheekily, to which i stamped on his foot forcefully.

 "No but seriously," Josh said after recovering from holding his foot, "I'm proud of you man. It takes guts."

"Thanks buddy." I smiled.

"Who else knows?" he asked.

"Erm just Zoe and Alfie i think." I said.

Josh looked shocked, "Neither of you have told your parents?"

"Not yet." I admitted.

"Does anyone other than Zoe and Alfie know you're gay?" he questioned.

"I don't think so." I said back.

"Good, 'cause i was gonna murder you if someone else knew before me." Josh winked.

I tried to stamp on his foot again, but he was too quick, leading me to stamp on the cold hard wood of the floor.

We both sat back down again.

"So how long?"

"I don't know. A week?"

"It's only been a week and you've already forgotten. That's great."

I looked down in shame, but couldn't help the smile that grew on my face from Josh's sarcastic input.

"You gonna tell me how it happened?" Josh asked.

I looked down and shuddered, remembering what had happened when Joe had confessed. It was perhaps the scariest moment of my life. I thought i had lost him.

"Er perhaps it's for the best if I don't." I said.

Josh looked up with confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Let's just say it was eventful." I sighed.

"Alright. Okay. Let's move on." Josh smiled.

"Want a game of FIFA?" I asked him.

"Sure."

A/N Helooooooooooooo. Ok so i need your input here. I was thinking about writing a Maze Runner fanfic. I've recently become obsessed with Maze Runner and now Thomas Brodie Sangster is my life. And idk why but i've become obsessed with Newtmas. So i think, when this fic is over (as this will be the first one which is completed), i will start a Newtmas fic? DON'T WORRY, NEWT WONT DIE!!! I WAS PUT THROUGH ENOUGH HEARTBREAK, I DONT WANNA PUT YOU'D THROUGH THAT.

THANKS FOR READING

Danni X