Part 7

~Midnight's POV~ 

         You know, you would think I would've learned from my past mistakes how crucial it is to think ahead of time what it is that I might have needed in the near future. Well.... I'm not very bright when it comes to being prepared... After lunch ended the others and I went our separate ways. For 6th and 7th period Jason and Damien had some sort of training classes but in different floors -most likely because vampire and wolfs don't mix-. As for me well I'm once again lost....

UGH!!! I should've asked those two which way my stupid classroom was! I feel like crying....

Wondering the halls, all alone,  I heard a ticking noise up against a wall and noticed that it was a clock. I looked at it, as if it had the answer to the meaning of life, and regretted it. Damn clock said I was 10 minutes late.

I did the next best thing.

Slowly I gathered up some courage and walked to the nearest door  an knocked on it. 

No answer.

I was just about to walk away when I heard someone chuckle and whisper something that sounded somewhere along the lines of 'giving up already?'

As far as I'm concerned it could've just been my mind playing tricks on me so I figured I might as well go along with it! So I banged on the door. 

Still nothing..

Okay I thought of my options now: 

1. I could suck up my pride, be mature and go to the next available room

2. Stand here and look like an idiot while banging on a door to a room that might be empty

3. Wonder around in hopes of finding my classroom..

Nothing seemed right and I'm pissed beyond belief! Therefore I just thought of a 4th option! Heck it'll even help me feel better.

I kicked the door down....

Damn thing went flying across the room off its hinges! If I wasn't so horrified at the amount of energy I accidentally put into that poor door I would've been laughing hysterically right about now. 

"What do you think your doing?" Someone whispered behind me nearly causing me to have a heart attack. I turned around quickly and realized that it was Sam Jackson. "I asked you, what are you doing?" He stated again but this time it sounded more like 'you better have a good excuse or else.' 

 I decided to  tell him everything from the moment I left lunch to now and as I did I noted the fact that he was wearing different clothing an he wasn't carrying any bombs or that heavy looking gun from before. This time he wore all black: long, leather trench coat, combat pants, tight t-shirt, and military boots. He had short dark brown wavy hair and a 5 o clock shadow. Then I noticed his brown eyes scan me once I finished and lightly tapped my shoulder so I could step to the side. He then gazed into the room until finally he shook his head exasperated. "There's nothing here" Sam then gave me enough room to peer inside which to my unexpected surprise was completely empty -as in no desks, chairs, nothing!

"That's not right I could swear to you that someone was in there!" I wasn't losing my mind! Sam then put his hands in his pockets and walked away from the doorway tilting his head slightly signaling me to follow. I sighed, seeing as there was no way for me to defend myself after destroying school property. Slowly I followed him and I was dying to know why the sudden change in appearance, but he interrupted me.

"They were toys"

"huh?" I said not understanding what he meant by that. He looked at me knowingly. "The gun and bombs... They were toys." I blinked. How did he know what I was going to ask? Hey maybe he's... "and no I'm no vampire" Sam stated while laughter was written all over his face.