Chapter 2 Part 13

-One Week Later-

~Midnight's POV~

I had awoke, even before the alarm screeched its usual nonsense, and turned it off. I got dressed in my usual clothing, but this time wore all black. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and for once in my life thought about tying my hair into a ponytail, but quickly decided against it due to the fact that I'm against changing my appearance. Why? I don't know and honestly didn't really care I just wanted to leave the building as soon as possible.

Quietly I grabbed my book bag and threw it lightly over my shoulder. It had nothing inside it, no books, pencils, pens, absolutely nothing. I hadn't been going to school this whole week because I was still upset about the past events. Plus what is there to learn? School doesn't teach me anything important that I may use in the near future, in my opinion it's just a waste of time, that and who would care if another human dropped out?

I chuckled and remembered filling out the forms that the school needed if an emergency arose and they needed to contact someone. All the information was wrong which explains why, if they did try to search for me, they couldn't locate me. I walked out the room and opened the fridge to get a frozen Popsicle, then I proceeded to head out. My care taker never suspected that I was cutting class and she never will at least not until she realizes that after five or so years I'm still in high school.

This would've been the usual time that I headed out for school and I even decided to take the route towards it, but I made sure to be a good two blocks away in order to avoid being spotted. "A whole week and I still don't miss it" I thought to myself as I spied on the school from a distance. Then a light breeze caressed my face and blew my hair over my shoulder lightly tugging me towards the school, but I stood my ground defiantly and decided to move on.

~Damien's POV~

Things back at school began going back to normal and I had realized that it was because a certain someone hasn't been showing up. Jason was awfully upset and was even willing to go check up on her, but I convinced him not to. It wasn't easy but the idea of him supposedly bothering her when she clearly wants to be left alone made him quickly change his mind. Jason and I were in front of the school and like always he kept an eye out for Midnight with no luck.

"Jason calm down will you?" I was becoming irritated by this time.

"But Damien what if something happened to her!" He began to look at me with big worried eyes and I sighed.

"She can take care of herself you know"

Jason let his head drop in defeat and slowly began dragging his feet towards the school. I walked next to him when a light breeze passed by and a familiar scent came along with it. I turned my head towards the opposite direction that the wind blew and saw a figure walk away.

"What's wrong?" Jason asked and I just smirked and shook my head. Apparently my scent had covered Midnight's which was why he didn't sense her.

~Jason's POV~

Damien was acting weird towards Midnight from the very beginning, it's true I played along with what ever he had in mind when it came to minor things and stuff, but now even before I told him about the fight back at school, I had noticed that he was keeping his distance with anything related to her. I was getting worried that maybe he thought I was going to replace him or something! Then again I have been annoying him with my rants on how Midnight isn't showing up lately, but I can't help it I'm worried!

"What's wrong?" I asked him when he got quiet and like always he merely shook his head.

Suddenly someone had bumped into him. They almost fell, but Damien was able to keep his balance.