Part 11

Third Person Pov

Back in the basement werewolves were found sprawled on the ground unmoving, but alive. Midnight stood in the center of the horrid scene with only a few mere cuts on her clothes, arms, and face: which had quickly vanished leaving no trace behind except on her clothing.  Three students were farther away from the group, but fear had caused them to freeze on the spot. The atmosphere was thick as the two teachers were getting up since the intensity of the blast had forced them into a state of shock for a minute too long.

 The silent alarm was activated about a few minutes ago, evacuation of the students came first, but slayers and hunters were on the first floor, planning a way to enter the basement, with just one entry way, unaware of what they may face. 

Mr. Johnson recovered and saw his son on the ground as instincts took over him making him turn into a dark brown wolf with equivalent color eyes. He growled and charged towards Midnight who just stood there. Isaac on the other hand was on full guard as years of untold training made him sense that the possessor was still within the possessed.

 But before Johnson got a hold on Midnight she had raised her hand right after he lunged himself to bite her neck and he was stopped in midair. He was floating now as Midnight looked at him - eyes still red and hand held up- "scram mutt I have more important things to do!" with that she flicked her wrist at the direction of the doorway that was wide open sending Johnson towards it at high speed. Isaac stepped aside not bothering to help him since the guy was just in the way. 

Once the wolf was tossed through the exit Midnight flicked her wrist again, just as the slayers and hunters were heard coming down, in order to slam the door shut. Banging was heard as they tried to kick the door down in the narrow stairway to no veil. Isaac then looked at Midnight and put his hand into his coat's inner pocket taking out- a long median sized piece  of light weight metal with a sharp tip- a stake... The stake was etched with a design representing it as one of a kind- it was light enough to be thrown and held with no difficulty but sturdy enough that its practically unbreakable. It was made of one of the many new metals created during the 2200's called metal X. The stake itself was made so the holder could have a grip but the tip was thin enough to fit through the ribs allowing easy access to the heart. 

Midnight smirked at Isaac -realization reaching her eyes- "I almost didn't recognize you Ashwood! Its been a while hasn't it?" 

Isaac wasn't fazed by the sudden topic that Midnight brought up "I don't know what you mean" he said hoping to find an opening. 

"Well Ashwood I could honestly say the new hairstyle doesn't soot you." She then grabbed her chin thoughtfully. "If I recall you use to have shaggy looking, dirty blond hair  before" her eyebrows furrowed trying to think "hm or was it... actually I cant remember correctly seeing as how I was in containment...." 

Isaacs' eyes grew wide "no it cant be.." his hands fell down to his sides "Your Shadow!"  Isaac didn't move once he pin pointed all of the signs leading to what he thought was someone he met a long time ago. 

"Give the man a hand he actually got it!" Midnight was mocking Isaac - who went on a high alert. 

"What are you doing here?" Isaac asked with an emotionless face.

"Oh you know trying to make up for lost time, controlling other people's minds, scaring the crap out of people when they're home alone, scouting the area, remembering the past. You know the usual."

Isaac gripped his weapon with a passion, wishing that he could use his hidden hand gun, but even though the kids were knocked out he couldn't risk a miss fire. "Tell me, why did you attack these students? Better yet why are you possessing the girl?"