19

Nicole's POV

I want to go back. Anything is better than where I am right now. He promised he wouldn't hurt me. But now, I see what a liar he was.

I gazed at the bright purple bruises covering my face and arms. Several cuts ran across my torso, and each move made everything hurt. I gazed at the tiny bathroom, suddenly realizing what kind of trouble I was in. I guess you could say I've been kidnapped again. I looked in the mirror, wiping the tears that I suddenly noticed away. I had to clean up. It was date night.

I stepped into the warm shower, allowing the steamy water to relax my muscles and calm my nerves. I ran the fruity shampoo through my hair and washed my body, wincing as the soap stung the cuts along my torso. I stepped out, grabbing the fluffy towel and drying off, and wrapping it around my hair.

"Nicole darling? Are you almost ready? We have to leave in 15 minutes if we want to make the reservation in time." He called from behind the door, his voice sounding bright and cheery.

"Uh..yeah almost ready darling! Just have to get dressed!" I replied, slipping on the slim black dress he had given me.

All I got was silence in return, and I shrugged continuing to get ready.
--
The small town was beautiful as we silently walked down the tiny sidewalk, hand in hand. The lights twinkled as the sky began to darken, lighting the entire town up. I sighed happily, glancing over at him.

"Something wrong dear?" He asked glancing over quickly before reaching the car door.

"Nope. Just thinking." I whispered before climbing inside the car, relaxing against the leather seats. He shut the door silently, walking calmly around the other side. I leaned my head back as he started the car, turning the way to go home.

"Listen Nicole, we need to talk." He finally announced, driving to the side of an empty road. My heart started pumping quickly. So this is how I was going to die?

"Wh—what?" I whispered nervously not being able to muster up a louder voice.

"I can't bring you home. This is where I'm leaving you. I'm sorry but get out." He grinned, an angry glint in his eye.

My own eyes widened as I stared hurtfully at him. "Why?" I asked my hand slowly drifting to the handle. Maybe I could walk back to the town, and get help. I watched nervously as he ran his hand to the glove compartment, pulling out a shiny black gun. He twirled it in his hands thoughtfully.
"I really did love you. But I can't see this working out anymore. Now, get out." He growled almost. It took all my courage and strength to climb out of the car, leaving my black heels behind.
"You don't have to do this.." I whispered as he followed, the gun still in his hand. He nodded again, placing the gun in the middle of my forehead.

"But Mabel needs this done." He whispered, before placing his hand on the trigger.
___
SUMMERS POV

Something was wrong. I sat up in Max's bed quickly, listening to the silent house. I turned over poking Max in the chest.
"Where's Paisley?" I mumbled as he sat up, his eyes wide. He shrugged, wrapping an arm around me, pulling me back down softly.
"She's probably sleeping. We have a long night in front of us tomorrow." He whispered silently before falling back asleep. I shrugged it off. Before closing my eyes. Something was still wrong.
---

The next morning, I laid in Max's bed until the sunlight became to warm to remain under the sheets. I noticed his spot was empty, so I shrugged before walking down the stairs to the kitchen. I was not prepared for what I saw.

Harold was holding a knife at Max's throat as he screamed at him. Paisley was unconscious on the floor by the counter, a nice fat bruise on her face. Mabel was silently drinking coffee, reading the morning newspaper, looking ready for work. Harold dropped the knife as soon as he saw me, crossing the room in four steps.
"Where the hell is Nicole?" He screamed wrapping his beefy hands around my throat. Adrenaline pumped through my veins as I stared at him, my eyes growing wide.
"I—I don't know. She hasn't been here for a couple of days! She was kidnapped again I think! There was this man in the woods when I went looking for her. I don't know where she is!" I cried as he wrapped his hands tighter around my throat. I was going to die.
"Liar. You're a stupid liar and a whore!" He screamed slamming my skull into the wall. I whimpered, the room suddenly spinning around quickly.
Two things happened very quickly. Max leapt onto his dads back, tugging him away from me, tackling him to the ground. Mabel left the room, leaving for work. That was the last thing I saw before the world went black for the 100th time I've been here.
----

Something was shaking. I opened my eyes, looking up at the sky, wondering where I was. Was this heaven? I raised my head up, watching the ground fly by. I opened my mouth letting out a scream.
"Shh!" Max hushed. We were on a horse, the house growing farther and farther away.

"What time is it? Where's Paisley?!" I said wrapping my hands tightly around him and looking around. There was only one horse, and it was carrying only Max and I.

"Back at the house. We're going to find some help, then we'll be back for her. And so will the police." He yelled back. My heart froze, and he world went silent.

"NO!" I screamed, causing him to stop the horse suddenly.

"What do you mean 'no'?" He questioned turning around and staring at me.

"I meant what I said. No." I grumbled staring up at him. He sighed heavily, before gazing at the sky.

"Paisley was taken to the hospital, she wasn't waking up. That's where she is now."
---
Howdy :)

Finally updated!! Lol this isn't corrected at all so I still hope you enjoy it!! I don't have much to say because I'm currently at a science fair so gotta blast :)! Have a nice day everyone.

(Excuse any grammar mistakes and sorry if it's choppy!)

--Maegan