07

I fell asleep some time,and when I woke up sunlight streamed into the cracks. I inhaled through my nose,and wrinkled my nose in disgust. It smelled like cows,and farms. Where exactly were we?

I shook off my tiredness and crawled over to the side,peering through a crack watching as a huge farm house came closer in view,a barn and a few animals near it. It was open air,but I knew we weren't going to escape again like we had last time. The smell grew stronger,and I gagged not used to the new smell of the air.

Few trees surrounded the building and as it came closer I saw there were apple trees and peach trees. Paisley stirred next to me and she leaned onto me.

"Are we playing a game again?" She asked her voice dripping with tiredness.

"Y-yes." I whispered back,a sick feeling growing in my stomach.

"I don't like the smell of this place." Paisley said,turning a bit green.

"Neither do I." I whispered,crawling away,trying to get rid of the smell.

So this is where they got the horse trailer from. I laid down,my head swimming and I took deep breaths. We were going to escape,it would just have to take time—a lot of time.

The trailer took a sharp turn,and I rolled over,before the trailer came to a screeching halt,Nicole rising.

"Summer?"

Nicole whispered,her face looking a bit better and her voice sounding a bit stronger.

"What?" I snapped,my head still swimming.

"I-I'm sorry. I should've listened to you,this is all my fault." She continued whispering,until she fell silent,peering out the cracks of the trailer.

"Get them out of the back,take them to the attic. Bring down one at a time so they can shower and change." The man's voice cut through the air,making me wince. I hated his voice and now I had to listen to it everyday.

"Alright dad." Max said before the trailer began unlocking. The door swung open and I shielded my eyes from the brightness.

"Alright girls,we're here. Let's go." He said motioning his hand for us to walk out.

I got to my feet slowly,glaring when I ran and leaped onto Max,making him fall back with an oof.

"You liar!" I screeched,slapping him in the face.

He threw me off like I was a twig and landed a foot in my stomach,my rib cage screaming in protest.

"I didn't lie." He said before lifting me in his arms,and motioning Paisley and Nicole to follow.

I tried catching my breath,to tell them to run—run far away and never stop.

Black spots clouded my vision and I watched angrily as Paisley and Nicole reluctantly following,Paisley smiling at all of the animals.

"I hate you." I wheezed out trying to get out of his arms.

"Ah, but Summer,you were just gazing at me like you loved me at school,did you not?"

It was true,I was. But now that I found out his secrets,I hated every inch of him.

I glared at him,before trying to get out of his arms again.

"I can walk!" I yelled at him,regretting it as soon as he dropped me.

"Come on walk." He mocked latching onto my arm. His grip once filled me with warmth,but now it just filled me with hatred.

He opened the front door and waited till we were in before closing the door behind us and leading us to the top of the house. The attic. I stopped in my tracks before Max shoved me up the stairs to the last floor,where a lonely door sat.

"Say hello to your new room ladies!" Max said delightfully.

I wish I could smack him,but my head was still swimming and my stomach hurt—a bruise was probably already forming. Oh joy.

"Let's see.. I'll be up in about ten minutes to get someone for a shower,first I need to get you guys some clothes." Max said before ushering us towards the lone door,throwing it open and pushing us through. He slammed it closed behind us and a lock turned,clicking and locking us in here.

"Well,it could be worse." Nicole said climbing the small set of stairs,turning to the right and gasping.

"What?!" I asked following her up expecting to find dead bodies everywhere.

I let out my own gasp,and almost smiled. Three beds sat in the corners,two of them near each other. Dressers sat near the beds and a small desk was to the right. It wasn't nearly as nice as the other rooms,but at least they gave us something to sleep on.

"Well then,looks like we're stuck." I said flopping onto a bed in anger.

It's not like we could just get up and run—we were in the middle of no where. I sighed staring at the plain ceiling shaking my head. The same question kept resurfacing- what are we going to do now? I sat up when I heard Max's voice calling up the stairs.

"Paisley,come down. You can go first since I only found your clothes so far." He called out again and I nodded at Paisley,signaling she could go.

Nicole turned to me after Paisley had gone and raised an eyebrow.

"You're just gonna allow her to go..?" She questioned her eyebrow going higher.

"Well if you think about it, we were just in a trailer used for animals and I would rather not smell like a pig." I snapped my anger growing again. The amount of stress was already bearing down on me and I sighed, running a hand through my hair, breathing in gulps of air. My stomach rumbled snapping me out of my panic attack, and I breathed in deeply before looking back at Nicole.

"Okay,for now we just need to go along with them. I'll figure out something. In the meantime,don't do anything to make the man mad. I don't need anyone getting hurt on the first day here. Or the first week." I explained, before getting up and pacing across the floor. A plan was starting to form, but just as quick as it came, it was gone.

"Send Summer down ok?" Max's voice broke the silence and Paisley ran up the stairs, telling me a quick go down and then sat down, on the bed holding a brush in her hands.

"Don't worry Nicole. I've got this. How hard can it be, I mean we've escaped once,why not twice?"

---------------------

Hey guys!!!

Here is the next chapter and I hope you all enjoyed it! Thank you all so much for 140+ reads already! I love you all so much and I hope you are enjoying my story!

:)

Updates may be a little slow now because I have to concentrate on my math work to try and raise it up but after I raise it,updates will be quicker,don't worry!

Have a wonderful day guys and I'll see you next chapter!!

:)

--Xxstars_moonxX--