16

Wait wait.
   Paisley? Alive?!

     "Where and how." I glared up at Max. His eyes searched my face before he dragged me downstairs to the basement, grabbing a key that was wrapped around his neck. He glanced at me, his eyes going wide.

     "Don't flip ok? There's a lot of blood, just don't." He muttered before opening the door the dim lighting shining down the stairs.

     Was this a trap? No it couldn't be. I turned my attention to him before giving him a quick hug. His warm body heat seeped into my frozen body,before I took a step back,bolting down the stairs. My eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness before I saw large shadows,one moving.

     "P—Paisley?" I whispered, my voice cracking.

       "Summer?"

    Her voice. It was weak,not as weak as it was when the knife was sticking out from her chest—weak like she was getting stronger. I ran over to her shadow,my hands shaking. I wrapped my arms gently around her, an ugly sob escaping from the back of my throat.

    "Are you ok?" I whispered wrapping my arms around her gently, bringing her closer. She was real. I could feel her hot breath as she breathed into my stomach,her knotty hair, her shaking body as she sobbed. I smiled placing my head over hers. Max appeared at my side suddenly whispering to Paisley that she needed sleep, and I watched as she stumbled back laying down. I moved from the basement in a happy daze. 

      I turned my back my mind racing with thoughts and I breathed in,exhaling slowly.

    "Summer?" Max asked scaring me out of my thoughts.

    "Yeah?" I asked turning around. He was suddenly super close. So close I could smell him. He smelt good. Like he wasn't the son of a murderer. Like a normal teenage boy.

      "Don't get mad when I do this. Because I've been waiting awhile for it." He whispered before kissing me. I froze. My world stopped. Instead of pulling away, I wrapped my hands around his neck,my mind going blank. He pulled away, leaving me speechless as he walked away towards his room.

      I just kissed a murders son. And I liked it.
                                    *****

     Later that night I stared up at the attic ceiling the kiss still running through my head. Over and over. Did that actually happen. As if I was in a dream, I climbed out of bed, my feet walking themselves down the stairs. I blinked—suddenly outside of Max's door. I eased it open, my mind telling me to stop. But my heart was thinking something else. I closed his door softly before sliding under his covers looking over.

     The mattress shifted causing his eyes to twitch open. He jumped, causing himself to fall off the bed. I snorted covering my mouth with my hand.

      "Uh Summer? Care to explain why you're in my room at....3:30 in the morning?"

     "I couldn't sleep because of what you did earlier. So I thought I would come down here." I said causing a smile to spread across my face. He climbed back into bed, rolling his eyes.

      "You better not snore or I swear." He mumbled snatching the covers turning away. I rolled my own eyes before sinking down, covering myself up. I rolled over before closing my eyes, sleep taking me instantly.
------
OK THAT WAS EXTREMELY SHORT AND I FEEL BAD BUT I FINALLY UPDATED!!

    Freshman year has been hectic and it's like only the sixth week of school maybe? Idk. The only good thing that came out of these past weeks is that I finally,finally have a boyfriend!! :)

     Hope you guys liked this chapter and I hope you've guys had a great few weeks of school, and for those who haven't started, you lucky little ducks. Switch me please. I want summer back. JUST KIDDING!! IM SUPPER STOKED FOR HALLOWEEN,THANKSGIVING,
CHRISTMAS,NEW YEARS,AND THEN MY BIRTHDAY!!

    ok but for real, hopefully the next update will be out soon! And also this chapter is not edited so, be ready for those mistakes that you may have read already ;)

BYYEEEEEE :)))

XXX
Maegan