10

A scream bubbled up my throat and out my mouth,slicing the air clean and fresh.

"Keep your mouth closed,you might catch a bug." Max shouted over the loud noise of the hooves.

I shut it,trembling in fear as the horse began climbing up,Nicole and Paisley right behind us. They seemed strangely happy. I shivered despite the heat outside a strange feeling washing over my back. They couldn't be happy,could they? Why were they enjoying being here?!

"I want to go back." I hissed,as Max slowed the horse to a stop.

"Well Princess,we're not going back." He said the horse coming to a complete stop by a large river.

"If you're planning on drowning us,I'm not amused." I huffed watching Max climb down.

"Did you bring a swimsuit?" He asked completely ignoring my question.

"No,why would I?" I questioned an eyebrow raised.

"Uhm,because we're obviously swimming,did you not see the river?" He asked watching as Paisley and Nicole took off their shorts and shirts,revealing swimsuits underneath.

"I'm good,I'll just sit up here." I said nodding an idea forming in my mind.

Max shrugged before taking the ropes around the horses mouth and tying it in a simple knot around the tree.

"Suit yourself." He said before taking off his shirt and calmly walking over to the water and following Paisley and Nicole in.

"So,what's your name? I'm Summer,you know the kidnapped girl? Don't you agree with me that this family is crazy?" I asked the horse,getting a huff in reply.

"I know,I know. I'm the crazy one right? Well how bout' we go for a ride?" I asked dropping my voice to a whisper leaning forward and messing with the knot.

"I'm warning you though,I'm not very good at riding horses." I said sitting back down regularly the rope in my hands.

The horse shuffled back turning his head towards the trail, pausing waiting for something.

"Uhm giddy up?" I questioned and the horse backed up before turning and sprinting down the trail we had just been on. A laugh escaped as I quickly got used to it and we flew by the trees,hair coming out of my ponytail. The horse must have got excited because we started going faster,my laughter slicing through the air.

We broke out of the trees and the horse flew to the right,nearly throwing me off as we were getting closer to the house.

"No,the other way!" I screamed trying to get to the horse to stop but it only got faster as it saw the house coming closer and closer. We got closer and I saw what the horse was running towards. It was running right for its water.

"No,no,no!" I cried trying to stop,my screams finally getting through to the horse.

The horse stopped so fast,I flew over its head and landed in a heap on the earth,my bones aching,my back shaking,pain erupting throughout my whole body. The horse casually walked past,stuck it's face into the water and began drinking.

I shuddered in pain,laying on the ground unable to move. Was this the end? Flying off a horse isn't how I really imagined to go out. I still had a life to live. I still had an escape to make. Black spots danced slowly on my vision,and I sat on the ground until I finally tried forcing myself up and off the ground.

I limped into the house and up the stairs to the attic,when I collapsed on the landing,my bones aching.

"Look what we have here.." Someone chuckled coming up the stairs.

"Max,please go away." I whispered closing my eyes tight,wishing the world would just disappear,taking me with it.

"Well unless you want help from this then..." He said trailing off slowly.

"Whatever. Just help me." I hissed getting into a sitting position,Max holding out his hand. I took it slowly,before he yanked me up causing me to hiss in pain.

"Sorry." He mumbled lifting me up in his arms heading to his room.

"Why are we going to your room?" I questioned, trying to not move as much.

"Because, I have pain killers in here. And a first-aid kit. Plus I figured you would want to sleep on something soft." He replied back opening his door awkwardly.

He had a point. But what was a first-aid kit going to do to my broken ribs?!

He gently set me down on his soft bed and retreated to the bathroom. He later returned with the first-aid kit,a couple of wash cloths, and finally an..ice pack?

"Here, where does it hurt?" He asked setting down everything on his bed.

"Everywhere." I hissed clutching my side.

He raised one of the wash cloths to my face, and gently began dabbing at my forehead, moving slowly down my collarbone,and took away the wash cloth. I watched as the once white washcloth came back with red and pink splotches everywhere. Huh. I didn't even notice it was that bad. He moved his hand and returned with wrapping bandages.

"Summer, is it ok if I wrap these around your..rib cage?" He asked softly, looking away.

"No,I'll do it myself,get out of the room." I hissed snatching it away from his hands.

"Fine. Knock when you're done Miss Princess." He hissed back, glaring as he left the room.

I sat up as slow as possible,allowing the purple dots to fade before wrapping the soft bandages around my rib cage,wincing as I pulled it tight,before getting to my feet and knocking. Max walked back in,his arms crossed.

"What are you still doing in my room?" He asked glaring at me.

"I was just about to leave.I'm going upstairs,make sure you watch your new siblings,because you know,I wouldn't want them getting hurt. I don't even know why they like you. You brought them here,I helped them escape. Why do they like you more?" I asked stepping across the threshold,turning and glaring.

"Because I didn't bring them here. You did." He whispered before closing the door, leaving me standing in the empty hallway,my heart feeling like it was about to shatter.

Did I really bring them here?

******

Hey guys!!

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE PLEASE FORGIVE ME!

Hopefully updates on all of my books will be caught up on,so I hope to see you all very soon in the next chapter!

Thank you all so much for 3.5k on this book!!! That means the world to me,and I'm still trying to get over the fact that I have this many reads!

ALSO, Paisley is 9 not 11! I keep messing up on her age, and I'm super sorry for that!

Until next chapter,have a wonderful day everyone!!

:)

--Xxstars_moonxX--