Life goes on

Summer was ending and School would start in just about a week. I wasn't going to let Summer go without a bang! My parents told me this morning that they would be going to a resort-spa getaway for there anniversary so I had a party planned. I picked up my cell phone and dialed my best friends number. She answered on the second ring.

"Hello?" Courtney asked

"Hey Courtney, got anything planned for Saturday?" I asked mischievously.

"Hailey, what are you thinking?" She answered back, the same way.

"Well, as you know my parents anniversary is Saturday, So they are going  away for the weekend. Three days to be exact."

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"PARTY!!" We screamed in unison.

"We just need to get some things from the store and we're all set." I explained to her.

"Alright, well Jason is over, You don't mind if he comes do you?" Courtney asked in a way that was more like, I'm bringing him but I'm going to be polite

"See you two soon" I replied sweetly.

Once off the phone I sighed. Why does she even like Jason? He's such a dirty player. In the year that they've been together, he's tried to kiss me twice and is constantly flirting. I wouldn't be surprised if he had cheated on her too. On the other hand, Courtney can be mean and bratty, but she's still my friend. I've tried to tell her how much of a scumbag Jason is but she just gives me her Whatever you say, Hailey look. 

I got dressed, I changed into a cute skirt and a tank top. I picked up my car keys and headed to my blue convertible. It's a really nice car. I'm pretty sure it's a 2009 infiniti convertible but I'm not an expert on cars. I doesn't take a genius to figure out my family is rich. Not super rich though but we can afford to live in a huge house, have a car for each my mom-dad-and me, my parents go on vacation or business trips or to resorts all the time, and we live on a beach side front .

 I got in my car and made the ten minute drive to Courtney's house. She and Jason walked out of her house. She was wearing some really short shorts and a shirt that showed off part of her belly . Jason on the other hand wasn't even wearing a shirt, he just had some white shorts on. Courtney could afford clothes that were really nice, saying she was richer than me. The shirt she was wearing was actually supposed to reveal her belly.  

Jason jumped into the backseat, while Courtney opened the passenger's door and sat up fornt with me. Jason leaned up so he was on the edge of the seat.

"Hailey, I can't wait for your Party!" he shouted even though we were all close to each other.

I rolled my eyes. "Your such a spaz Jason" 

On the way to the store Courtney blabbed  on and on and on. In the seven minutes it takes to get to the store she had covered all about the party. She recommended that we make it a beach party/ regular one. Her reason for this was so.. "We can all be half-naked and not look like sluts"  Jason was all for this idea. 

I pulled into the parking lot. We all got out and went inside. We just needed the basic, a bunch of cups, plates, napkins, ext. Courtney and I were looking for things that matched, because it was a beach themed party we went for things like that. We got tie-died plates and napkins. The cups we just those red ones everyone uses at parties. Forks and spoons were plastic and purple so they matched the tie-die. We even got a few little umbrellas you stick in your drinks. 

Soon Courtney and I got carried away. We got three different types of lights. The first looked like flowers, the second lanterns, the third were like Christmas lights but the guy who checked us out told us we could put them in beach umbrellas and such. It didn't stop there either. We got about twenty beach balls, three Frisbees, and inflatable palm trees . We bought some fake fishnet, these things that looked like flowers, and streamers. The last thing we got was a sign that looked like a hula-girl. It read: Party this way.