Catching up: Part 2

Authors Note: Sorry for the last chapter to leave you hanging about Aaron. It's alright tho, he'll be in this one :/ I wasn't sure if I should put :) or :( because I like that he's in it just not whats happening. Anyways, If anyone is having a hard time following this story just comment-message- or whatever and I'll explain. That goes the same for my other stories too. :D

The next day--------------------Hailey's Prov----------------------------------

I woke up fully determinded to find out the truth about the bank and Aaron. I went to starbucks to get some coffee, you know wake me up. I bought the morning paper. The headline was 'Bank Employee saves the day' It explained how while everyone else was scared and panicked at the robbery an employee, Ashley Rulden, pulled the alarm and saved the day by calling the police. While sipping my coffee I wondered if she knew what really happened. I decided it was worth a shot. I left and found her address easily, thanks to the police station. I went to the station and waited for the receptionist to talk to me. 

"Can I help you?"

"I was wondering where Ashley Rulden lives." I told the worker.

"Can't give out personal info, dear."

"Just hear me out." My quick brain thought of a reason. " My grandma was in the bank when it happened if it wasn't for Ashley she could of-" I faked a sob " She could have been killed. I couldn't bare that because she means everything to me. I just wanted to say thank you to that wonderful woman" 

The worker nodded. "Alright, just don't tell anyone I'm doing this."

"You don't know how much this means to me." I reached over the counter and hugged her. 

She smiled and sent me on my way. I made it to Ashley's place and knocked on the door.

She opened it, "Yes?"

"I was wondering if I could have a word with you?"

"No thanks."

"Please Ashley. It's important."

She eyed me, seeing if I was a threat. Finally she nodded and let me in. We sat down on her couch and she just stared at me. 

"What?" She broke the silence.

I toke a deep breath, "What happened at the bank?"

"Are you a reporter because I already gave my story and-"

I shook my head no. 

"Good, the press has been bugging me for an interview. I just want to move on and forget about it."

"I'm sorry for what happened to you."

"It's ok, not your fault."

"Will you tell me what happened now?"

Slowly she nodded, "A teen came in robbed it, I pressed the alarm calling th police, he was caught, End of story."

"Will you tell me what really happened?"

"I'm afraid I don't know what you mean."

"I mean what really happened. Your sroty is bull."

"He told me this would happen." She paced back and forth. 

"What would happen."

"Nothing, What I said was what happened. OK?! THAT'S IT! I don't know what you want to hear but sorry that's the truth!"

I looked down defeated. Was I crazy for believing Aaron wanted to be caught, maybe I just wanted to believe he had a reason. He was just one screwed up emo like Courtney and Jason said.