Moving in with my brother and his friends Chapter 2

Second Chapter of my story. If you like it vote and comment. You'll be my best friends!! Don't forget to become a fan if you like it.

Moving in with my brother and his friends

*****************

Chapter 2

"Do you ever think about your family?" Parker asked out of nowhere. We were just walking up to a lake to wash up. Parker normally didn't ask questions that involved family. The one time I asked about his family a couple of years ago he gave me the silent treatment for a couple of days but that was years ago before we were real close friends.

"All the time. Especially my brother. Why, do you think about yours?"

"Sometimes and other times it's painful to think about." Parker told me.

"Can I ask you a question? Where is your family. Are they dead?" I asked hoping he wouldn't shut down and shut me out of his past.

"No their not dead but sometimes I wish." The shock must have shown on my face because Parker explained.

"My family was very cruel to me. They make Miss Gwen look like a saint. My dad ran out on us when I was two and my mom married this guy name Henry. Mom and him did drugs and drank alot. They were abusive until I was eight and the state took me away. I've been in foster care ever since." Parkers voice cracked at the end. He was trying to hold back tears. He missed his family even if they were cruel. I could see it in his eyes.

"So, why all of a sudden are we talking about family?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"The other day this girl was eating lunch at the Sammy's Diner. She just reminded me of my sister, Kay. I started thinking about her again." Parker looked sad. I was debating whether or not to ask what happened to her until he started talking again.

"Were here." I looked at Parker and knew he wasn't going to say anymore about Kay so I dropped it.

****************

"Hey get out of there!" Crap. The police showed up in an ally me and Parker were staying at. I ran to the left of the alley and Parker ran right. We always had a plan if we got split up. We would meet up in a park we use to hang out in.

So thats where I ran and sat down on a bench when I got there. Hours past and I must have fallen asleep because when I woke up it was morning. I waited for Parker but he didn't show. Pretty soon I was hungry but I couldn't leave. What happens if Parker came here and didn't see me. He'd probably think i took off without him. So I stayed.

The sun was starting to set and I was starved. I went to a mini market down the street and stole some pop-tarts to hold me over and went back to the park. I waited and waited. I had a feeling Parker wasn't coming. Parker was a fast runner and could out run the cops no problem and I don't think something bad happen to him like an accident because someone would have said something. It wasn't that big of a town word got around if someone was hurt. Plus Eric or one of our other friends would have walked down here and told me. They knew if something happened and we got split we would go to the park and wait for each other.

That left one other option. One option which I thought he would never do to me. He left me. He got tired of dragging and sixteen year old girl around and ditched me.

-He left you. He's not coming back. - My mind whispered.

~He wouldn't do that. He cares for me and I trust him.~ I screamed back in my mind.

-Yeah an you trusted your brother too. Now look he's probably with his family, happy. He probably hasn't thought of you since he got a new life. He doesn't care about you or he would have come back already.~ The voice in my head said. I could feel the tears sliding down my cheek and here the sobs coming frrom my throat.

-Boo hoo cry me a river. Face it you can't trust anyone but yourself. They will alway leave you behind - I wanted to yell at the voice again but I heard a sound behind me. I stood up and turned around thinking it was Parker.

"Hey you okay?" But it wasn't it was some boy about twenty-two, who was kind of cute, looking at me with worried eyes.

"Yeah, I'm fine thank you." I sat back down and looked at the ground. I could feel his weight on the bench when he sit right down next to me.

"It doesn't look like your okay. It looks like youv'e been crying." Something about him told me he was safe to talk to. So I turn to face him and wrapped my arms around him and started to cry into his shoulder. He seemed surpised at first but then wrapped his arms around me.

"Its okay. Everythings fine." Yeah right hearing those words come out of his mouth made me cry even harder. Everyone who has said that to me has let me down. I hate having people tell me its okay. How do they know. I could get hit by a bus tomorrow or struck by lightning later tonight when it storms. You never know its going to be okay.

"How do you know that?" I asked into his shoulder. After my crying died down alittle.

"Because everything happens for a reason. I missed my bus for a reason. I walked in the direction of the park for a reason. I cuit through this park for a short cut for a reason. Your crying here for a reason and we both decided to pick this very same park." He said taking a hugh breath at the end because he said it all really quick with no breathes inbetween.

"What was the reason then?" I asked looking up at him into his brown eyes.

"I don't know. Maybe we were suppose to meet. Maybe its a sign." He smiled at me.

"So are you from around here?" I asked trying to change the subject. I've never seen him here before maybe hes new.

"I'm actually here to help out a friend with something." He looked down at his watch. "Oh crap.....I'm late i'll see you later." He said getting up.

"How do you know we will see each other later?" I asked.

"Fate." He yelled back. I smiled. This guy seems alittle weird but I like that. Ohhh great I didn't ask him for his name. Now i'm going to be thinking about what his name could be all day.

Well at least it will get my mind off of other things.

***********

Should I do it in other peoples POV like her brother or Parker or even the mystery guy??