The Run Chapter 4

"Um... Hi." I said slowly, looking at the five people in front of me on the bleachers.  There were three guys and two girls in the group, not including Jaxon.  The girls looked like they were twins.

"Hey. So who's this Jax? Some new girlfriend?" One of the guys, one with blonde hair and brown eyes, said with a wide grin. I blushed, ducking my head while Jaxon chuckled.

"Nah man, this is Raine Green. She's gonna be living here with us for a while so I thought I'd introduce her to you guys. Raine, these are my friends."  Jaxon said with a smile.  He pointed to the first boy that had spoken.  "That blondes Alex. He's Jordan."  He said as he pointed to another boy.  This one had dark brown hair, almost black, and bright green eyes.  Then Jaxon pointed to the third boy in front of me.  He had light brown hair with what looked like natural blonde highlights.  His eyes were a light green, and lit up when he noticed me.  "That's Jacob."

"Be careful with him, he's a flirt and a man-whore."  One of the girls spoke up with a smirk.  She had dark red hair and grey eyes that were currently sparkling with mischief.  I couldn't help but laugh at Jacob's expression.

"Don't tell her lies Sara!"  He said loudly, crossing his arms over his chest in a huff.

"It's not telling lies of its true now is it."  She replied with a smirk.  Jacob said nothing to disprove this, so I laughed harder.  She smiled at me.  "I'm Sara by the way, if you didn't catch that."

"And I'm Tara. We're twins if you couldn't tell.  Some people can't, so I have to make sure."  The other girl spoke up with a laugh.  She looked Exactly like Tara, except she had lighter red hair and light blue eyes instead of grey.

"It's nice to meet all of you."  I said just loud enough to be heard in the crowded gym.

"You seem like a shy one."  Sara commented and Jaxon laughed.

"Yeah, she's a bit shy.  But after you drag her out of her shell kicking and screaming she's pretty cool."  I glared at him; I'm not shy!  I may be quiet, but I'm really not shy.  I'm just wary; I mean look at how well my life has gone so far.  I have every reason to careful of who I put my trust in.  It still surprises me that I put my trust in Jaxon and his family do quickly.  It wasn't like me at all.

"Then we're just gonna have to knock her out of her shell aren't we?"  Sara asked her sister with a smirk.  Tara looked excited as well.

"Um, can I ask what you mean by that?  I have a feeling it's not something that I'm going to like."  I said slowly, worried about their smirking faces.  I looked over to Jaxon for help, but he was already absorbed into the game.

"Oh don't worry, we won't do anything yet.  We'll let you settle in first of course."  Tara said with a grin.  "When do you start school?"  Today was Sunday, and Bonnie was taking me to the school tomorrow to get my schedule set up.

"Bonnie is planning on taking me tomorrow to get my schedule."  I said with a soft smile. I was honestly looking forward to my first excursion into school.  I wasn't sure how it would go, but I was already supposed to be in my Junior year and had never went to school.  Now was the time to try it out.

"Awesome!  Maybe we can have some of the same classes."  Sara said with a grin.  I smiled as well.  It would be great to have some familiar faces in the new school.  "You have a phone?"

"Yes, why?"  I said slowly, pulling the new iPhone out of my purse.  The only numbers in it were the ones that Jaxon had programmed in for me.

"Because I want to exchange numbers, duh."  Sara replied, giving me a strange look.  Oh that's right, I was supposed to be like a regular teenager and know these things.  Oops.