The Run Chapter 3

So this isn't edited, and most of it was written while I'm sick. So there's a lot of errors im sure since the whole thing was written and posted using my iPod... I hope you like it though I'll try to go back and edit it later on.

Chapter 3

"What a beautiful house!" I exclaimed as Bonnie and Jaxon lead me into the house. The first room we walked into was the living room, which had a very country feel to it. It had sweet paintings adorning the cream colored walls and there were quilts tossed onto the ends of the tan couches. There was a large tv sitting on a stand against one wall, and a large window on another. One wall also had a door, which I'm sure led to more of the house, and yet another bookshelf that matched the ones in the bookstore. I'm glad that this is the home I've been accepted into; I could tell just from the decor of the first room that they are a very loving family.

"Thank you dear I'm glad you like it. Now I'll have Jaxon show you the rest of the house and to your room." Bonnie said sweetly. I smiled as Jaxon looked annoyed at the prospect of showing me around.

"But Mom I was gonna go meet Alex at the game!" He practically whined. I laughed quietly, and under my breath, so he didn't hear me.

"You can go to the game with Alex after you show Raine around the house. In fact, you can take her with you." Bonnie said with a smirk, knowing that she won. I stepped forward quickly.

"Thats ok, you don't have to do that." I said quietly, trying to stop them from fighting.

"No it's fine, I'm sure Alex will like you anyway. Besides, you'll meet him at school so why not meet him now? Maybe you'll find a new friend at the game." Jaxon told me with a sly grin. I laughed quietly.

"Yeah, maybe. So are you going to show me the rest of the house or not?" He laughed.

"Yeah, ok." He said, grabbing my arm and pulling me through the door I noticed earlier. I found that it opened into the kitchen, which was a good sized room with stainless appliances and a quaint little wooden table and chairs in the middle of the room. There seemed to be a red and orange theme to the room; everything from the plates to the curtains to the cushions on the chairs were one of the two colors. It made the room look very bright and inviting.

"If you couldn't tell already, this is the kitchen, oh and the dining room too." Jaxon said with a grin, spreading his arms out to show me the room. With all of the bags crowding the space on his arms it was a comical thing to see. I couldn't help but laugh at him. "You should laugh more often, it sounds really pretty." He said lightly, making me blush. I was trying to figure out what to say when Bonnie saved me from coming in the room.

"Jaxon if you want to be in time for the game you better hurry up! I'm sure Raine's wanting to change before she goes." She said as used her hands to shoo us away into another room. We went through a door on the right side of the kitchen that Jaxon called the office that held a couple of computers. Then we went back into the kitchen and through another door that led into a hallway. There were four doors that opened from the hallway, which Jaxon explained as the bedrooms and a bathroom. The first bedrooms on the left and right were Jaxon and his parents' rooms respectively. He didn't show them to me, saying that we were late on time. He did show me the bathroom, which was the last room on the right. The last room on the left, directly next to Jaxon's room, was the guest room. My new bedroom now.

He stood aside and let me open the door, and I did so very slowly. I smiled when I looked into the room. It was good-sized and had a large window on one wall, a door which I assumed led to a closet, and another that I think leads to a bathroom. The walls were currently the same cream color of the living room, but that wouldn't last too long. There was a good sized TV along one wall as well as another bookshelf, and a large four poster bed on another. There was a desk, a plush rolling chair in front of it, and another large plush chair. The floor was a dark cherry hard wood that complemented the dark wood of all of the furniture. Jaxon's voice is what pulled me out of my thoughts abruptly.