WOW! X Chapter 25

There was a lot of noise and sounds of voices.

"Oh no," I heard a familiar voice say. "Help me quick."

I faded out again barely able to hear anything but mumbled voices. I could feel warmth on my face and a familiar scent.

"She's breathing. Get me some oxygen!" I heard as I opened my eyes and began coughing.

I turned my head and saw someone dressed head to toe in SWAT gear. "Stacey can you hear me?" the voice asked. Gary pulled his ski mask and helmet off.

"Gary," I said and burst into tears. He did too. Tears running down his face. "Help... me," I begged. Still not full aware of what was going on and barely able to get the words out.

He rubbed his tears on his sleeve but fresh ones followed. "Untie her," he said and I felt him pulling at my restraints but they were too tight. "Get a knife," he yelled.

"Conrad... hurt me and... the babies," I said.

"I know," he replied nodding as he put his head against my side as he hugged me and rubbed the baby bump, his shoulders shook as he cried. "I'm so sorry Stacey," he sobbed.

"I need to go home," I said trying to move my arms, "Shane is waiting," I said I knew it didn't make sense but the words came out nonetheless.

"Come on mate, lets get her out of here," A voice said and put a comforting hand on Gary's shoulder.

"Terry?" I said now recognising the voice.

"Yeah baby I'm here, you're safe now," I heard the cracking in his voice. "He'll never touch again."

I burst into tears as my arms were cut free and I flung them around Gary. He hugged me so close I knew he wasn't letting go and I knew that I was safe. It was over! His tears soaked my top, as mine did his.

"Where's Shane?" I asked.

"He'd gone to get your present when we got the call," Gary explained. "He's waiting for us at the hospital. Come on let's get you out of here. I'll carry you ok."

"I'm pretty heavy," I said as he put his hand under my legs and arm around my back as I held on to his neck. My arms felt like lead weights and kept falling off his neck.

"Don't worry about your arms I've got you. Just close your eyes," he whispered as he lifted me up.

"Why?" I asked thinking it was a strange request.

"Just close your eyes and don't look ok?" he said and I could tell he was trying to shield me from something.

I nodded my head and burst into tears again as I pushed my face into his neck to hide.

"I love you smelly Gary, thanks for coming and getting me," I whispered.

"I love you too stinky. I just wish I'd got here sooner," he said. "Keep them closed and just cuddle me until we get to Shane ok."

I felt the air and sun on my skin but still didn't look. He carried me into some sort of vehicle and sat there with me on his knee as someone passed him a blanket and he wrapped it around me. We travelled somewhere. I still didn't look. I was safe in my Gary cocoon as he rubbed my belly with one hand to stop the babies fighting. I could feel his tears fall on me and I snuggled tighter and ignored the pain I felt through my entire body.

"You're safe now" he whispered, stroking my hair as he yelled orders to people. "Tell him she is safe in my arms but needs urgent medical treatment. I couldn't wait on an ambulance. He is to wait there. We will be there in 4 minutes," Gary yelled I heard the sound of sirens.

"Stacey?" Terry called and I felt him touch me but I was too tired to say anything or move. "You better floor it! Run every red light!" Terry yelled as Gary tapped the side of my face and called my name.

I must have passed out. I woke to find myself surrounded by strangers. I heard screaming and it took a while to realise the screaming was coming from me. I couldn't stop it! I scrabbled off the bed and into the corner, covering my ears. I had no idea where I was or who they were. Everything went quiet, I could still see everyone but I couldn't hear them. I closed my eyes trying to shut out the nightmare.

I felt Shane's touch. I opened my eyes to see his face. I flung my arms around him as everything started to fade again. I was feeling weird.

"It's ok baby," Shane said.

"Shane?"

"Yeah it's me?" he said and I felt him kiss my shoulder.

I tried to move.

"Don't move, stay still baby. You're safe," he whispered.

"Don't leave me," I said trying to cling to him tighter.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm gonna be right here holding your hand," he promised as I fell unconscious again.