WOW! X Chapter 18

We agreed on the plane not to tell anyone anything. It was early days yet and other than a few blue lines on a stick we had no confirmation that this was really happening. Although it seemed that both of us were resigned to the fact it was and although he never said it out loud I knew that we were both in agreement that abortion was not an option. It wasn't the babies fault and to be honest I was starting to look on it as a blessing. Our own little miracle. Sure I had gone through some hard times lately but if the outcome was I got to be with Shane and we were having a baby together, was it really that bad? I would have gone through a lot worse.

I agreed to go home with him and spend the night at his house and do another test. We grabbed one from the chemist as Shane had left his car at the airport. We got one that predicts how far gone you are, Shane insisted on paying. I agreed given how fucking expensive the things are what a rip off!

When we arrived back at his house, Sandy came out and said hi but didn't hug me so I guess she was pissed off with me for treating her brother badly. I couldn't blame her. Gary just stared at me and nodded his head in a 'howdie' fashion. Then they both left the room and I stood there feeling like the biggest bitch on the face of this earth. I couldn't stay in this atmosphere. I wanted to go home.

"Erm, I've changed my mind. I think I'd prefer to go home if you don't mind," I called to Shane who was fetching us drinks from the kitchen.

"What? Why?" he asked and came back into the room empty handed looking concerned.

My chest tightened and I knew I was about to cry. How was I suppose to explain that his friends and family hated me, which they had every reason too and that was why I couldn't stay?

"What's the matter? You were fine a minute ago, what happened to change that? Did they say or do something to upset you?" he asked nodding off in the direction Sandy and Gary had gone and I knew he would have gone off on one if they had.

I tried to take a deep breath but my chest was so tight it was impossible.

He looked at me for a moment, trying to look for the reason in my expression.

"Fine, come on I'll take you home," he sighed and picked his car keys up off the bedside table.

"Thank you," was all I managed to whisper as I was fighting a losing battle against the tears that stung the back of my eyes and the pressure from the sobs waiting to come out of my mouth.

"Wait, no, sod it!" he said and threw his car keys on the bed. "Tell me what it is? What has made you want to run away from me again?" he asked. He was really pissed off.

"I'm not running from you..."

"Like hell your not! You were fine just a few minutes ago. Sandy and Gary come in and now you wanna go home. Going home is leaving me, when we had plans, important plans!" he said nodding at the baby. "Anything that makes you all of a sudden want to get out of here and away from me is running and you know it." He was trying to keep his voice calm but he was definitely angry with me. "What did they say to upset you? Tell me or I'll go ask them myself!"

I shook my head cos they hadn't said anything I just felt like a bitch and didn't want to stay in a place where everyone possibly agreed with that synopsis.

"Nothing I just want to go home, you can come with me, I'm not running away from you," I spoke more clearly this time.

"Bullshit!"

"What?"

"I said Bullshit!" he was glaring at me now "Don't lie to me Stacey!"

"I'm not lying. I'm..."