WOW! X Chapter 11

I was still kneeling in the middle of the bed. Just staring at Shane, open mouthed.

"So you didn't get my note," his voice strained.

"Erm no, but.... I was just being silly, it doesn't matter," I said as I hung my head in shame. Realising my breathing had gone funny just by looking at him.

"It matters to me. You matter to me," he said.

Wow! That was a good line it smacked me right in the heart like a jolt of electricity. Then I remembered what the note said, what 'my' note had said, it said WOW! X

"You said WOW!" I told him

"Yeah," he nodded

"You wrote WOW!" I repeated, more for myself than him.

"Yeah, lame huh," he hung his head

"No. It's perfect."

He looked up at me confused.

"You're perfect," I told him.

"Hardly, I just lost you again for the second time in less than 24 hours."

He was punishing himself, beating himself up over the fact that I didn't get his letter. Stood here in my bedroom... hold on how did he find out where I live?

"How did you know where I live?"

He took a deep breath and then exhaled, shaking his head, still looking towards the floor. So I figured the answer could wait.

"Are you ok?" he looked like he was about to cry, I was gobsmacked.

"No," he spoke so quietly that I was off the bed and over to him within a second.

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

"Come here," I pulled him over to the bed so we could sit down.

"It's not your fault, you didn't do anything wrong, it's me I was just being a silly arse," I said wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him a big hug.

I felt his arms wrap around my waist. He squeezed me so tight I could have burst something. I felt him breathe me in like I was the oxygen he needed and then sigh as let me go.

"That was a big hug," I told him.

"Sorry, I guess I just needed to feel you're real. I've been going mental all day since I found out you left," his eyes were still looking down, he looked so sad.

"I'm sorry I ran off I just over reacted I guess," I bobbed my head down so I could see his face. I was trying to get him to make eye contact with me.

"I would have loved to wake up next to you Stacey but it just wasn't possible, I had an emergency, I had to go. I'm sorry. I should have waked you but you looked so peaceful I didn't want to disturb you and I was hoping to be back before you woke up. I left you the note as a back up but little miss sticky fingers got her hands on it and screwed everything up. She even woke you when I told her not too and used you as a show and tell for Austin," he was still pissed at her, I could tell.

"Don't be cross with her, they were really quite adorable. Austin's a lot like you ain't he?" I said

He shrugged. "She shouldn't of took it and I should have woke you and explained, gave you a kiss. Instead I fucked up."

"Kiss me now then," I said.

"What?" he looked up confused.

"Kiss me, please," I repeated.

He shook his head. He was refusing to kiss me.

"Why not?" I was getting choked up now because his refusal stung.