WOW! X Chapter 5

A knock came to the bathroom door.

"Shane is she alright?" Sandy asked.

He looked at me for an answer. I nodded.

"Yeah" he said.

"Can I come in? I want to apologise."

I took a deep breath which shuddered as I let it out. Shane noticed and squeezed me closer. "It ok you don't have to see anyone or come out of the bathroom if you don't want too. We can stay here as long as you like. I could even order a pizza if you're hungry." He smiled at his own attempt at humour.

I shook my head, I wasn't hungry and I needed to get out of this bathroom before I fell asleep.

Drinking, Dancing, Posing for photos, Getting mauled by Gary at the bar again, Experiencing the best kiss of my life, Getting a drink thrown in my face and swung around by the hair by 'Physco bitch' Jessica and her friends was bound to drain anyone. No wonder I am tired.

"I just want to go home," I said but it was barely a whisper.

His face looked sad. "Ok."

He got up and helped me to my feet. I dare not look in the mirror because I had nothing to improve my appearance with me anyway. I walk towards the door when he stopped me by pulling on my hand. I turned to look at him and he looked upset.

"I'm sorry" he said and pulled me to his chest in a powerful embrace. I felt him sigh and realised that he was upset, which was understandable after the night he'd had too.

"Are you ok?" I asked him whilst still crushed against his chest.

He nodded his head against my shoulder but I could tell he wasn't. I pulled back to look at him. His eyes were closed. I placed a hand against his face and he covered it with his own. He took a deep breath, exhaled, placed a kiss in the palm of my hand and smiled.

"Crap pretend boyfriend, ain't I?" he whispered.

"What? No way," I replied.

"Its ok you don't have to nice to me," he said.

"I'm not."

"Then why you going home?" he asked.

"I think I've had enough excitement for one night, don't you?" I replied.

"But what if you get home and feel ill. Whose gonna look after you?" he asked.

"My cat, he's very clever."

"I'm sure he is but you could have concussion or something. How would he handle that?"

"He's a neurosurgeon in his spare time so he'll spot the signs quick enough," I joked.

I turned to walk to the door again.

"Please don't go! Not yet," he pleaded.

I didn't want him feeling guilty. The sooner I was out of sight, out of mind, the better.

"Stacey can I come in?" Sandy called through the door again.

"Its ok I'm coming out now," I shouted back.

I walked towards the door. Shane still had hold of my hand as he leant against the sink unit. I got closer to the door and my arm stretched out behind me. I turned to look at him and then my hand.

"Please," he whispered.

I shook my head. He dropped his eyes to the floor and slowly let go of my hand as I walked away, his fingers touching mine right to the very end of his reach.