Run

Chapter 12 ~ Run [NOT EDITED]

Daiki furrowed his eyebrows. "Why was she at your house?"

Shintaro growled softly, annoyed at the stupid question. "How the hell would I know nanodayo? And a friend of hers was in my sister's room," he spat coldly. Honestly, he didn't care if someone broke into the house. But they went into her room. He couldn't let that slide. He usually kept it locked but Akashi must've forgotten to lock it. After checking that nothing was taken, he had called Kazunari and they came here.

Daiki's frown deepened. "Hina was in her room?" Suddenly remembering when Hinata had called him to ask about Midorima Shinako. Looking at Shintaro's pissed off face -which he would've usually relished in if this was a different situation- he decided against telling him. It would be bad if he suddenly blew-up and lost his cool in the crowded fast food restaurant.

The black haired boy with slate blue eyes fidgeted in his seat, the smile on his face unwavering even though it was obvious he was uncomfortable with the topic. Takao Kazunari struggled to keep his composure. It was the same thing every single time. Whenever they talked about her, he just... couldn't.

He wished he could've told her before she died. But he didn't.

The light blue haired boy noticed this. Everyone at the table knew her. And she made quite an impact on each of them.

She was Tetsuya's first friend - even before Daiki. She made Daiki believe in basketball again - even when he was about to give up on it. She was Kazunari's first love - even though she had rejected him. And she was Shintaro's beloved little sister. The only person who barely knew her was Taiga.

Hinata turned around quickly when she heard Shinako's whisper. She saw a dark blue haired head facing a boy beside a green haired boy.

Hinata noticed the large head -filled with ego, of course- that belonged to her prideful and stupid younger brother.

She took out her phone and noticed he replied to her text message a few minutes ago. Crappy, crap, crap, she thought, throwing her phone back in her bag.

"How'd they get here so quickly?" Hinata hissed, taking Shinako's shoulder and violently shaking her.

Shinako pinched the bridge of her nose, trying to stay calm at the older girl. She gently pushed Hinata's hand off her shoulder - by gently I mean she basically shoved the girl away.

"I don't know!" Shinako snapped, pulling her onesie hood lower. "But what I do know is, we need to go now."

"Go where?" Hinata asked with a dumb expression on her face. "We're staying with my brother remember! He's right here!"

"Oh, not anymore," Shinako said, pulling the hood down and tying her hair into a tight bun before she pulled up the hood again.

"Then where do you want to go?! You wanna sleep in the streets?"

"No. We are... I want to go back to Miyagi," Shinako stated, watching them converse. They were quite far away and Shinako couldn't hear a word. The only reason why she saw them was because she heard the black haired boy shout.

Unconsciously bringing her hand to touch a strand of her green hair, she noticed everyone at the table had very eccentric hair colours. It was... unique and kind of pleasing to look at.

"What, why?!"

"I am not ready for this. I don't want to see my brother. Or that-that-that Takao guy," she stuttered with a slight blush. The guy who was probably my significant other before I cracked my head open, Shinako thought.