Trespassing

Chapter 9 ~ Trespassing

"Thank you," Shinako said as she bowed, standing at the doorway of Tsukiko's house. "Really. Thank you."

Tsukiko nodded and smiled, shrugging nonchalantly but obviously quite happy she could help. "You helped me, I was just returning the favour."

"Can we exchange numbers? Just in case we need anymore help?" Hinata asked, holding her phone out.

"Sure."

While Hinata and Tsukiko were exchanging numbers, Shinako stood still and stared into space.

The black haired boy? Or the red haired boy? Damn it. I won't know until I see them. But what if...

"Shinako? Are you OK?"

Shinako gasped and smacked Hinata's hand away from her nose.

"Were you trying to suffocate me?!" Shinako yelled in a hiss.

Hinata shrugged. "You wouldn't budge when I snapped my fingers in front of your face."

Shinako pouted and was about to hit Hinata when a rock song started to play.

Hinata and Shinako both stared at Tsukiko who blushed and answered her phone.

"Keiji-san?"

Keiji-san?

"Ah, yeah, Kei got here safely."

"Who's she talking to?" Hinata whispered to Shinako.

"How should I know?" Shinako whispered back.

"Why are you assuming I got lost?"

Shinako and Hinata stood there awkwardly, not knowing whether they should leave or stay.

"Yes, I know. I have a bad sense of direction."

"Fine. Fine."

"Oh, you're with Tarou-san?"

"Now?"

"HEY HEY TSUKIKO!!"

Shinako and Hinata jumped back at the loud voice that came from the phone. However, Tsukiko didn't even care and continued to talk.

"OK, we'll be there in ten. Bye~"

After hanging up, Tsukiko looked back at her guests and smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry, that was my friend," she muttered. "Well, I need to go call Kei now."

Hinata and Shinako nodded before Tsukiko ran back into the house, slamming the door behind her.

"Hinata-san, where are we staying?" Shinako asked as they began walking away from Tsukiko's house.

"My brother's house," she said, "Mom and Dad aren't home since they're taking a holiday again."

Shinako nodded, her pace slowing down a bit while Hinata kept on walking forward. Then, for some reason, Shinako felt a pull and she turned around and began walking to the opposite direction. She turned to a corner and caught a glimpse of short bright red hair disappearing behind a house.

Red hair? She thought before gasping, remembering that Tsukiko said something about a red haired boy.

On instinct, Shinako ran after the person. But as she turned to the street, there was no one there.

Where did he go? Shinako thought, looking around. Her eyes scanned the houses and spotted a familiar name on pasted on a plaque.

Midorima