The Newcomer has Powers

After a brief pep talk about sports from the coach and some cheers from the guys afterwards, we all were sent home and he said he will review our academics and what we did on the field. My mom gave Floyd and me a ride home back to my house and dad hounded us for the detail.

"I wouldn't have expected any less after the hell I put you through." dad smiled with his arms crossed after coming out of the home gym.

"You should have seen him out there," I bragged to dad. "He didn't lose not a single thing and beat everyone."

"Even the wendigo?" he asked curious.

"He didn't use his powers during the running course and our team slaughtered his one the one on one." said Floyd.

"With some wolf help." I quickly added. We went more into detail about the day, but we were tired and Floyd went ahead and slept over my house for the night. He basically just fell asleep on the couch during a movie and so we just called it a sleep over.

We took a quick stop at his house so he could change and shower. We were then off to school the next morning on Monday.

In second period, I saw Clyde sitting near the back right behind my seat and I felt slightly uncomfortable for me to sit there when Floyd has such distaste for him. I knew it was Clyde not Floyd because I could tell Floyd's scent anywhere by now. That and Floyd wasn't in my geometry class...or even in geometry.

He waved hello and I returned it with a frozen smile as I sat down and waited for class to start. I heard a shift behind me and a faint sound of someone inhaling a deep breath.

"You're Floyd's best friend right?" he whispered behind me.

"Uhh, yeah, we um, talk." I stumbled.

"I thought you two were closer than that." he leaned back in his seat. "He's always over your house and texting you when he isn't."

"Yeah, we're best friends, what?" I asked trying not to come off offensive in any way.

"Well he won't talk to me about anything and I...I want to know what's going on with my little brother, that's all."

"If he wants you to know than he would have told you."

"Well I haven't exactly been in his life lately," he admitted. I could tell his tone was dropping. "And he doesn't exactly like me either."

"And why is that?" I wondered.

"I guess I'm sort of a...um...bad influence." he mumbled.

"To the point where he never even wanted to tell me he had an identical twin?" I began. "Because he was too embarrassed by knowing you in any way, shape, or form?"

"Worse."

Our conversation was cut short by the teacher calling out to remind us that we were in class. Math went on and I tried my best to tune out anything he had to say because, like I said, if Floyd wanted me to know, he'd tell me. I was really interested though.

I tried to bring Clyde up in third period culinary, but Floyd brushed it off by making me grab all the ingredients for the red velvet cake we were cooking then having me fetch and put back anything and everything.

"Is something up with him?" Claire asked, dusting her flour powdered hands on her apron. Her hair was up in a ponytail, but a few bangs escaped and hung loose down to her nose. "He seems...bossy."