Chapter three: End of the Reign

Inside the restaurant even was more elegant than the outside. The entire place was decorated to perfection. There were intricate layered glass and candled square chandeliers hanging down from the far ceiling and that was just what she could see from the entrance.

After they checked in, a line formed behind them. Hillary and Derrick strolled past the desk, around the corner into the main area and Hillary thought she's already seen the most beautiful things but was completely wrong.

In the main area had the same glass and candle chandeliers, but the tables were first class. They were squared and red with even darker red couches in a part circle around each table. There were about ten tables in all and some more against the far wall.

Even though that's all very noticeable, the very first thing that snagged her attention is the massive, absolutely massive low-hanging glass chandelier in the dead center of the room. It was about five feet across and it nearly touches the ground. It was connected at about twenty feet from the ceiling. It was dazzling and sparkling in the many refractions of light. From the inside, every edge and corner seemed to be garnished in jewel and diamond. It was polished glass, but that was the vision they knew would pass off to others.

The entire inside was designed like an ancient Chinese temple coaxed in fancy wooden red posts and even the complete front wall of the entrance was steamed glass with Chinese designs and characters in it.

We were seated by a different woman and she placed us at a table closest to the enormous chandelier. It was now directly to the left of us and there was another chandelier, miniature however, right above us illuminating us both in candle light plus the bright white light coming from the massive one next to them.

This was the single most romantic setting Hillary has ever been in and she only came here to break up with him. He was handsome with an amazing outfit and she felt like an angel in that dress. On top of everything, this is the fanciest restaurant she's ever seen and they're illuminated in candle light. She dared to take a moment and hate life.

The same woman came around back to them and handed them menus.

"Here you go." she very thick Chinese accent, but very kindly. They took it and opened them up to see what this place has to offer. They scrolled though and Hillary was the first to speak up.

"Asian themed omelet with fine seasoned ham in a toasted eggroll." she said out loud.

"Um yeah, there's barbecued pulled pork wantons with spiced white rice and red shrimp." he said laughing at how formal it all sounded. "You're rather quiet." he said, dropping his mood.

"Oh, nothing I'm trying to figure out what to eat that's all." she said overly defensive. His worry turned to curiosity.

"No, Hillary. What is it? I saved all this money and made reservations here because of I know you love Chinese food over sleep and when we got the 'free for a week' thing, I was happy, but you seemed...I don't know. Bummed." he put down his menu. "Even at the house, I though you would love my outfit that my sister promised me would blow you away and the dress was supposed to make you practically melt." He watched her put hers down too. "Then after seeing this place, how can you be so emotionless?"

"I'm not emotionless and I do love you outfit and my dress," she defended. "This restaurant is amazing and I thank you for it."

She hoped that the fact she said thank and not love nearly tipped him off as to what's really going on, but he casted his suspicion away. She was telling the truth when she said that she agreed with everything he said, but she just couldn't come clean.

"Are you ready to take your order." a waiter asked next to us, blocking the light from the large chandelier.

"Yah, we're ready." Derrick said, reassured.