Chapter 8

Chapter 8- Well, this is awkward

When I woke up I immediately knew it wasn't my room. The walls were beige and it was awfully cold.

I shivered and hugged the comforter closer to my body. At the sudden movement I felt someone beside me. Feeling my heart beat increase, I slowly turned to look who was sleeping beside me.

Beside me was a guy sleeping on his front with his arm wrapped around me. How can I not notice this?

"Oh shit," I muttered as soon as I saw who was beside me.

I looked at what I was wearing but was disappointed when I saw nothing.

"Shit shit shit," I chanted as I slowly stood up from the bed and looked around for my clothes.

"Great, Lin. Fucking with Jake? For real?"

I was already in my jeans and bra as I kept on muttering insults to myself.

"Really? Screwing Jake." I groaned.

"What?"

I jumped up, startled by the voice. As soon as I calmed down I started to panic.

"Shit, what did we do, Angel?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes even though I had my back on him. "We played twister," I answered sarcastically as I turned to face him.

He was already standing up and zipped his jeans up. "Well, that's one hell of a game."

"This is serious," I murmured.

"Hey, chill. It's just one night-"

"Jake! We fucking did it again!" I snapped slipping my shirt on.

"And it won't happen again," he said confidently.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Does all of this seem like it happened before?

Jake's eyes widen in realization and sat himself on the bed. "Shit. That's exactly what you said and that's exactly my answer."

"We are so not fucking anymore."

Jake's head snapped up looking at me. "With the way you were screaming my name-"

"Shut up, Jake!"

He chuckled.

When his light laughter died down the room was in complete uncomfortable silence.

Why the hell did I do this again? And how can I stop this from happening over and over again.

"Well, I'm going home," I said lightly.

Jake nodded his head. "Yeah, let me just-"

"Nope. I'm getting a cab on the way home."

Jake nodded his head without any arguments.

I walked out of the room letting out a huge breath.

I certainly need a Jake free day.

I didn't take a cab like I said I would, instead I walked towards the nearest coffee shop I could see and just sat with one coffee with me.

I was so angry at myself. How can I even let myself cave in again? The last time this happened nothing good turned out! Why did I even let Jake be my fake husband?

"Hey," a low voice said.

I looked at the direction of the voice and saw a man probably a year older than me. He was handsome but not as handsome or hot like Jake.