Chapter 43

Chapter 43 - Broken Promise

Lin's P.O.V.

To say I was shocked and confused was an understatement. Those two words were not enough to describe what I was feeling at this moment.

All I could manage to do was stare blankly at Jake as he drove silently. I knew he was aware that I was staring at him, but he brushed it off.

"Are you for real?" I managed to choke out.

Jake slowly turned his gaze off the road to look at me. "What?"

I released a frustrated sigh.

"You're seriously taking me home?"

Jake's eyes were back on the road, but I could see that he was trying his best to hide the amusement from his face.

Why was he finding this amusing?

"After you actually proposed to me, you're taking me home?" I snarled.

Jake didn't answer and took a short turn. And soon, he was parked at our driveway.

I was heaving in anger. I was furious at this man!

"Are you for real?" I repeated my previous question.

"Yes, Angeline."

My eyes popped out of my sockets as if they were going to fall out.

What game was he playing at?

"I am this close to punching you right now!"

He chuckled.

He actually had the nerve to freaking chuckle!

I fisted my hand and was ready to sucker punch him, when his warm hand wrapped around my fisted hand.

"My love, what am I suppose to do?"

The way he called me 'my love' was enough to calm me down but burn my heart at the same time. How he was able to flatter and annoy me at the same time was beyond me. Maybe I was going mad. But I was mad ever since I was with him. That's what Jake does to me. He makes me mad.

And just like what Freddy McLair from Skins said, "that's what love's suppose to do."

"I don't know? Let me sleep with you tonight? Isn't that what couples do when they're finally engaged?"

Jake released my hand so he could caress my cheeks with both of his hands.

"Lin, your parents have a-listed me as a no no for you. And asking your hand in marriage without their permission is a no no. I have to earn their trust. So, I'm sorry for being old schooled and all, but I can't keep you in my house all night until we're married."

My jaw dropped. It wasn't just an expression. My jaw literally dropped. As in my mouth hung open.

"What?" I asked still dumbfounded.

Forgive me for being so shocked, but Jake being traditional and old school was like witnessing a donkey give birth to an elephant. It was that unexpected and unbelievable.

The Jake that I knew was fuck before love. He was the kind of guy that would screw at night and leave in the morning. But then again, he was that kind of guy that would be extremely unexpected. A guy who would profess his love at a burger restaurant a guy who would ask me to marry him right after we fight. He was that unpredictable.

"I'll be back here tomorrow, okay?" He asked with his hand on mine.

I was at lost of words as I stared at his brown orbs that was slightly shinning because of the moon.