sixty-six

" Hey DJ, guess what."

" Wat papa?"

" Your brother is coming." Liam says. Liam was sitting with Drew on the hospital bed. The nurse who was with Drew was going to grab the new baby for Liam.

Drew looks excitedly at Liam.

" Papa, brudder?" Drew says.

" Yep, your baby brother is going to be here real soon." Liam says. And with that, the nurse walks in with the new baby. Drew lights up even more.

" Papa!" Drew exclaims pointing to the cot. The nurse brings the portable cot right next to the hospital bed. The nurse smiles at Liam.

" Mr. Payne, this is your son." The nurse says. Liam looks at the nurse.

" Am I allowed to hold him?" Liam asks.

" I've been told he's all good." The nurse says. Liam lifts his son out of the cot. Liam holds him in his arms. Liam stares down at his second son. Drew tries to look over Liam's arms.

" Me see papa." Drew says. Liam looks at Drew.

" Oh, sorry DJ." Liam says. He lowers his arms a little so Drew can see his sibling," DJ, this is your new baby brother."

" Papa, name?" Drew asks.

" Oh yeah, we have to name him." Liam says. Liam looks down at his son in his arms. Liam lets out a sigh. He really wishes him and Niall set a name before he came.

Well, Liam was going to go with the name he enjoyed the most.

" DJ, meet Brendon Alexander." Liam says. Drew smiles at the name.

" Me like papa." Drew says.

" I do too, DJ." Liam says. And as Liam was looking down at his second son, the name Brendon really fit him.

A doctor walks into the room. He smiles at the little family on the hospital bed.

" Are you the other father to Drew?" The doctor asks. Liam looks at the doctor.

" I am. Is he cleared?" Liam says.

" Yes, he's good. The car accident did not effect him." The doctor says.

" Thank you." Liam says. Liam looks at Drew," DJ, did you hear that?"

" Wat?" Drew asks.

" You're good. We don't have to be here for you anymore." Liam says. Drew claps his hands.

" I'll take the IV out of his arm and bring your other son to Niall's room. You want to go to Niall's room, right?" The nurse says.

" Yeah, that'll be nice, thank you." Liam says. Liam places Brendon back in the cot. The nurse takes the IV out of Drew's arm. Liam stands up and looks at Drew.

" Ready to go DJ?" Liam asks holding his hand out for Drew to grab it.

" Yea papa." Drew says. Drew jumps off the bed and connects his hand with Liam's. Liam walks out of the room and down the hall to Niall's room with the nurse following behind. Before Liam walks in, he stops and looks at Drew.

" DJ, daddy does not look good. I want you to keep an open mind about daddy. Can you do that for me, bub?" Liam says.

" Yea, papa." Drew says. Liam walks into the room and he has to hold back his tears. Niall didn't look like himself. Drew looks up at Liam.

" Dada?" Drew asks. Liam looks at Drew.

" Yes, that's daddy." Liam says. Drew looks back at Niall with tears in his eyes. Drew runs over to Niall's bed and climbs onto the bed. Drew cuddles into Niall's side.