4

As soon as I walked out of the school doors I was hit by the frigid air, gripping my sweatshirt tightly, I continue to walk.

Ten minutes into my walk, I feel a small sprinkle of rain starting.

Rolling my eyes and putting my hood up, I continue walking.

The rain is getting heavier, and I still have around twenty more minutes until I finally reach home.

I faintly hear a cars engine in the background.

Hugging myself tightly, I continue walking hoping the rain will soon stop.

"Hey! You need a lift?" I hear a boy yell out.

I choose to ignore him, hoping he'll leave me alone.

The cars engine is getting louder, meaning the boy's getting closer.

"Where you heading? I'll give you a ride." he says again.

"I'm more than capable of walking." I reply sharply.

Pulling his car up a few feet in front of me, he steps out of his car.

"You alright?" I hear the boy ask.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. I can walk home."

"You know, it's about to start pouring."

I look at him intently, contemplating whether or not I should get in the car with him. He's a random boy from the street, what am I thinking? I can't get into a car with him. Should I?

Sighing, I nod wearily, walking towards him slowly.

I'm freezing already, not to mention my sweatshirt is soaked from being out in the light rain for fifteen minutes.

"I'm Shane, by the way." He says with a dazzling smile.

Not being able to help but smile back, I reply "Jade."

Frowning, Shane starts, "You're soaked."

"I'll be fine, really."

Taking off his sweatshirt, he gives me it.

"Well," he starts, "lets get a move on, where are you headed, I'll drop you right off."

"I'll give you directions on the way."

Walking back towards his car, he opens the passenger door. I quietly mumble a thanks and sit down. Shane getting in shortly after me.

After giving him directions, ten minutes in a peaceful silence have passed. Before I knew it, we were in my driveway.

I begin rummaging through my bag looking for keys, seeing my mother is yet again on a work trip. Most likely for a few weeks.

"What are you looking for?"

"Keys." I reply softly.

Opening up the door, I being to step out, "you find your keys?" He asked me.

"No, my mother might have an extra set put out somewhere." I look towards the front door.

"I'll be here until you get in."

I look at him with a smile and nod.

Five minutes of searching for keys, I find nothing.

Frowning, I walk back to Shane's car and sit.

"I take it you didn't find a set of keys?" he asks with an amused expression on his face.

Shaking my head, I start talking, "I could probably get in through a window."

"You are not going in through a window." he replies casually.

"Here, we can go back to my place, you can sleep in a guest room, and you could borrow some of my sisters clothes while she's away."

"I don't know.."

"Come on! It'll be fine!" He smiled gently.

I reluctantly nodded my head, still not completely sure.

He started the engine back up and we were soon on our way.

Twenty minutes later, he stops in front of a huge, gorgeous house. Walls made of stone, and a perfectly kept up yard.

"Wow." I gasp, staring at the home.

Chuckling softly, he shuts off the engine, opens his door and gets out. Following him, I get out as well.

He unlocks the door, and I can't help but to stare at the stunning interior of the home.

He runs his hand through his hair and speaks.

"Urm, the guest bedroom is right through that door, there's a bathroom in the room. I'll get you some of my sisters clothes so you can get dressed tonight, and I can throw your clothes in the washer."

"Thank you." I nod slowly.

He smiles and starts up the stairs.

Walking into the guest bedroom, I place my school bag down.

Maybe I'll skip school tomorrow..

There's a knock on the door and Shane walks in.

Placing a change of clothes on the guest bed, he asks, "do you need a ride to school tomorrow?"

"I was just thinking about skipping tomorrow."

Shaking his head, he continues, "you should get to school. I'll make sure you're up tomorrow morning, I have to leave for school anyways, so I don't care."

I nod once more.

"Okay, I'll leave you to shower and whatnot. When you feel like it, feel free to go to the kitchen and eat something, it's right down the hall." he says pointing through the door, down a hallway.

"And my parents won't be home until tomorrow night, and my sisters away for the week, so you can blast the t.v or music or whatever. I honestly couldn't care less." With that, he walks out of the room.

Quickly, I take a shower and get dressed. My stomach begins rumbling.

Quietly, I make my way out of the room and into the kitchen, grabbing an apple.

Finishing it quickly, I get back into the the bathroom and brush my teeth. Soon after jumping into the bed and falling into a dreamless sleep.