16. Rock Bottom

When people say you hit rock bottom and that's not so bad because you can only go up, they're lying.

You can lay there and stare at the dirt clumping up around the rock in this pit you've fallen down. You lay there and watch the clouds pass in faraway circle. The circle that provides you light so you can see the dirt, the rock, the mess, that cages you.

You've tried to climb out. And you show nothing but bloody nails, swollen feet, warned-down hands and blisters. You've attacked the pit, watched as more rocks tumble down and you keep trying to at least do something.

But there's no point. All you can do is stay there.

And you do.

-

I sat down on the crib and looked outside the tiny, dirty window. I decided that I could finally work on my plan. Brandon had given me the idea in one of the worse ways possible.

Though, I didn't know how I could get it to affect the entire pack. I would have to target something vital to them. And I also needed a lot of the stuff. And only wicthes kept that stuff, but not in massive bundles.

I needed to consolt my little witch friend; see if she could stock up on the stuff. It was illegal really, for any werewolf to hold such poison, but for a witch? Who cared what a little isolated witch could do?

I left the room to the kitchen area and fixed myself some tea. I soon found Brandon and was grateful that he seemed in a good mood. "Hey, I was wondering whether you could give me a lift...?" I asked, wishing for the best.

He nodded, "When? Where?"

"Ketchum, and as soon as possible," I answered. I smiled with relief.

"It'll take a few days to get some time off work, but yeah sure," he smiled back and was then called at by one of the members.

I sighed. I hated waiting, especailly when I had a plan that was just waiting to take place.

* * *

The days passed with me watching the weather outside the window. I spent the hours thinking, eating, barely sleeping and then carried on thinking. I brooded about what I said to Hannah, to Josh and packs and fate and all that shit.

That was all a load of shit that I managed to dump on them. I doubted Hannah would ever like to see me again. Probably to clear the air, that's the kind of person she is, but nothing more than that. She had probably made friends already, talking about packs and little pups later on.

Hannah and I never really clicked that well. Sure we got on, really only because she needed a friend and I needed something to stop me going stir crazy.

I was the type of person to rescue people, but not to deal with them afterwards. And Hannah kind of forced herself on me. I was just happy to get her out of that place and the same with her sister, but she gave me the puppy eyes, that inncocent gaze that always hoped for better. And people like her always found the good in people. She even pitied the people who kept her captive.

She was that fucking annoying.

I sighed. Hannah and I had gone through tough stuff but that doesn't just bring people together by it's own. We were completely different people.g

And Josh, oh Josh, if he were to never leave the pack and carry on life with me, which looks pretty unreal now, then I would live the small little life like the witches in the mountains.

Now it doesn't look so bad. Yes, it's lonely. Yes, it's stirs you crazy. But hey! no drama.

And to me, right now, that seemed pretty cool.

But I don't think I could stand that. I would have to move like some nomad. Travel across America and go on road trips, which I hate, and meet new people.

...God I need money. Maybe I could steal some banks and stuff... Nah! too much hassle and drama. I cannot be bothered for that.

I guess I'll just mooch for the next few days.

* * *

"You ready to go?" Brandon said as he grabbed his keys. I nodded, still in the hospital trackies, we left the building and I got into the used sedan.

I spent most of the trip resting my head against the pane. Brandon tried to make small talk but I wasn't biting. He then turned on the music and we listened to the dull sound of folk music for a few hours.

When she reached Ketchum, I was so glad. I navigated Brandon to a secluded area in the woods, "Stay here," I ordered as I ran off into the woods. I felt the borders loosen and let me slip through, Madelyn must know I'm already here.

Soon enough, a little hut was visible and Madelyn sat on her porch. Her legs sticking out in an unlady-like fashion. She looked up at me with her beady grey eyes under her sun hat.

"What do you want?" She asked brashly.

"Wolfsbane - loads of it."

She nodded. "Already done."

I blinked, "What?"

"I've been hoarding that stuff for ten years. You take another three steps and you would be on your knees, your wolf slowly dying inside of you..." She paused for affect. "That's how much I have."

I nodded. "Great. Perfect... Why?"

"Honey, I'm getting older by the day," she said. Her voice rasping and her face sagging as her skin loosened over time. Her skin was dark an weathery from the years of working outside. "My spells are wavering, it's my back-up."

I nodded, again, that made sense. "Can you wrap it up for me, only eleven pounds?" I asked for. She nodded and dissapeared inside. She soon came out with the wolfsbane in a bag, in a bag, in a bag, in a bag, in another bag. She wrapped it up tight and hovered her hand over it.

"It'll be safe for a day or so, but that's it," I nodded as she waddled over to me. She was so short; she was a few inches above my waist. I grabbed the bag and she nodded. "You're a good girl Charlotte, a good girl," she told herself as she waddled back inside.

Vote Vote

Comment Comment

Fan Fan